big sister
n.
1. An older sister.
2. A woman who assumes the role of an older sister, as by providing guidance or protection.
My Sista' fits both of those definitions, hands down... BUT she is so much more.
She has always been more of my "second mom" and often was much more protective, strict, concerned, and maybe even overbearing than my Mom was. She loved me. I didn't realize all of this until college when it really started to show and I thought it was pretty neat then. I didn't appreciate it as much as I do now BUT it DID make me feel loved and special.
Now though
She is SOOOO much more
See...I had my son's birthday party today. My sis always likes to come early and help. Here's the thing too...she really helps. REALLY. Today I didn't need it much before the party as far as at the house but I told her that she and my hubby were going to HAVE to get the kids out for lunch. I didn't want to worry about 5 kids eating lunch plus if they were gone, I could do the last minute cleaning. So I let her know that they would all head to McDs while I got the house and myself ready.
Not TOOO big of a deal except kids at McDs play area can be annoying to some (we always love it) But for my sis....that's a true sign of love. I didn't think about it much until they had been gone for about 30 minutes and then it dawned on me...
My Sista' DESPISES, I mean REALLY DESPISES McDs for food and especially for playing. She considers it a massive doss of every germ and disease in the world right there at/on her kids' fingertips.
That thought dawned on me and I thought "Man, she really loves me because she didn't even try to get out of it!"
Then she came back to help out with any last minute things.
It was pretty low key as far as setup.
But then the party started.
You know how that goes...it's all sort of a blur and whirlwind....
She was and always is amazing. She takes the photos. She sets things out. She gets things that kids need when I don't even know it. Then...here's the BEST part...while the party is finally winding down and I'm visiting with people, walking people out, etc....She's CLEANING! I didn't even realize it until afterwards and I look around to think "WOW! It's all picked up here!"
Yep, that's her
The plastic bugs off the cake: taken off AND washed
the table: cleared of cake, plates, etc... completely cleared
chairs: folded and set aside out of the way
trash: bagged
leftover juice boxes: put into the fridge
seriously...isn't she amazing?
She's better than just a big sis. She's like a wife...for me! She did all the stuff that I would have had to do after everyone finally left. She did it. Without asking, without letting me know...
she sure does love me
and like the big sister that she's always been...
she takes AMAZING care of me.
I sure am lucky
and I sure do love her.
now...aren't you all a bit green right now wishing she was your big sis?
:0)
My Sista' fits both of those definitions, hands down... BUT she is so much more.
She has always been more of my "second mom" and often was much more protective, strict, concerned, and maybe even overbearing than my Mom was. She loved me. I didn't realize all of this until college when it really started to show and I thought it was pretty neat then. I didn't appreciate it as much as I do now BUT it DID make me feel loved and special.
Now though
She is SOOOO much more
See...I had my son's birthday party today. My sis always likes to come early and help. Here's the thing too...she really helps. REALLY. Today I didn't need it much before the party as far as at the house but I told her that she and my hubby were going to HAVE to get the kids out for lunch. I didn't want to worry about 5 kids eating lunch plus if they were gone, I could do the last minute cleaning. So I let her know that they would all head to McDs while I got the house and myself ready.
Not TOOO big of a deal except kids at McDs play area can be annoying to some (we always love it) But for my sis....that's a true sign of love. I didn't think about it much until they had been gone for about 30 minutes and then it dawned on me...
My Sista' DESPISES, I mean REALLY DESPISES McDs for food and especially for playing. She considers it a massive doss of every germ and disease in the world right there at/on her kids' fingertips.
That thought dawned on me and I thought "Man, she really loves me because she didn't even try to get out of it!"
Then she came back to help out with any last minute things.
It was pretty low key as far as setup.
But then the party started.
You know how that goes...it's all sort of a blur and whirlwind....
She was and always is amazing. She takes the photos. She sets things out. She gets things that kids need when I don't even know it. Then...here's the BEST part...while the party is finally winding down and I'm visiting with people, walking people out, etc....She's CLEANING! I didn't even realize it until afterwards and I look around to think "WOW! It's all picked up here!"
Yep, that's her
The plastic bugs off the cake: taken off AND washed
the table: cleared of cake, plates, etc... completely cleared
chairs: folded and set aside out of the way
trash: bagged
leftover juice boxes: put into the fridge
seriously...isn't she amazing?
She's better than just a big sis. She's like a wife...for me! She did all the stuff that I would have had to do after everyone finally left. She did it. Without asking, without letting me know...
she sure does love me
and like the big sister that she's always been...
she takes AMAZING care of me.
I sure am lucky
and I sure do love her.
now...aren't you all a bit green right now wishing she was your big sis?
:0)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
I love you more!
Oh, and I think you are probably the very best little sister in the world
AND
definitely the most excellent aunt ever!!!
I'm WAY green. I don't have a sis so I can't really truly understand how awesome of a Sis you have. Although I would agree that she is a totally awesome and amazing person and I'm blessed to be her friend. (Actually, that goes for both of you. Your Mom sure did something right!) But I'm sure that feeling multiples "seven times seven fold" when she really is your sister.
Looking forward to a playdate. What are you thinkin?
That's a really sweet way to "butter her up for the next time"..LOL!
Sister's are a girls best friend!
Yeah...she's that kind of friend, too!
I love you both...and SISTERS RULE!