
We love em'. Sort of a tradition too that once summer hits (temperature wise anyway), then we have one almost every evening. We get together with our friends a couple houses down at least 3 or 4 evenings a week and the fun starts with the popsicles. Each year I go on the hunt for a "good for you" popsicle. That means: no added sugar, no added coloring, no artificial sweeteners.
Tough to find. Very tough. This year, after hitting 3 different stores...we decided to make our own.

I've tried those plastic little things for making popsicles... it never worked well. Then a friend shared with me the secret of paper Dixie cups. VOILA! It worked. For only $1.98 for 200 cups, even cheaper popsicle sticks... a few bags of frozen fruit...and we have our own popsicles. The Brady way.

So far we've made strawberry and mango. The kids love them! Works perfect, fairly cheap, healthy, AND yummy...can't beat it!

Thanks for the reminder..it's way better and it makes everybody happy cool!
Dawn ;0)
I just love this idea, Sis! I think we'll try it next week.
See you soon!
This is a great way to make popsicles we will have to try it! YUM
Hey there...I'm going to share this idea with other blog sisters in da house...planning to link up with your site...hoping this is ok?! Get ready your about to have more company!
Thanks in advance!!!
Totally going to have to try it. Thanks for the idea! Playdate soon?
Share away Dawn, share away! :0) I'll make a note here to let others know~ frozen fruit blended up with a little juice works well because it's thick. That means that the popsicle sticks stood straight up for freezing. If you use something thinner then you would have to use some plastic wrap to help your sticks stand up.
Oh and K~ anytime girlie, anytime! I'd love it. :0)
~robin
Mmmm, these look yummy!
Dixie cups! What a great idea! I'm off to share with my sis. She was asking what to use; she's not about to go buy the plastic kind. And the key to use frozen fruit; hadn't thought of it. For those who have dietary limitations with milk, this is a great alternative. Thanks, Robin!
Hey, how funny is it that we both decided to play with our blog layouts on the same week? Are we connected through ESP? Is it just the Holy Spirit? Who knows? Pretty funny!
WOW - loving this idea! I too have been on the hunt for something "natural" for a popsicle and this never crossed my mind. THANK YOU!!! I may stop back by to peek in on other good mommy tips you have. :)