• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

Five years ago...

my Baby Boy was born. Oh, it was the sweetest day ever. I had been huge and pretty uncomfortable for months and was READY for "it" to come out. Off we went at 4:30 in the morning to make the drive into south Austin for our scheduled c-section. Things went pretty good and...

At 7:47 am they announced "It's a BOY!" and I couldn't have been more excited. I had hoped and hoped for a boy. I immediately shed a few tears and probably had the biggest smile on my face that I had ever made. He was gorgeous and perfect and I was the happiest woman ever.

The months that followed were challenging and I thought I was going to lose my mid with his colic and reflux problems BUT EVENTUALLY he quite screaming and we all started enjoying each other a lot more. :0)

He has grown into a boy that I just love with every ounce of me. I could lay in his bed and breathe him in all night long...I just can't get enough of him! I really do think sometimes that maybe I kiss on him too much but I can't help myself and I truly ache to hold him. He is such an amazing gift from God and I am so happy He has loaned him to us. :0)

Happy 5th Birthday my Baby Boy.


We started "Caleb Day" with his new "FAVORITE cereal" (Frosted Flakes) for breakfast then McD's for lunch, pizza for dinner, and then Baskin Robbins for dessert.


In between was shopping for his present he could pick out and playing with it a LOT (Better Batter Baseball!... we've been hearing about it for months!)

It was a perfect Caleb Day.

By the end of his day he was wiped out (despite the amount of sugar he had consumed!) and fell asleep quickly.

It was wonderful to celebrate his birthday with just the family. The party will be tons of fun too and I am pretty sure he will enjoy it more than today but it was neat to have a day with just us.

I just can't believe he is already FIVE!


:0)
Read More 4 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

4 comments

  1. Dawn @ simply transparent on June 27, 2008 at 8:52 AM

    He sure is a cutey...bet he is lot's of fun to?!

    Happy Birthday to you to mom!

     
  2. theevansfamily on June 27, 2008 at 9:24 AM

    Happy Birthday Caleb!! What a sweeet birth story. And I'm glad to know the "aching to hold him" feeling doesn't go away! :o)

     
  3. Unknown on June 27, 2008 at 10:48 AM

    Happy Birthday Caleb! I am so glad you had a wonderful Caleb Day! He is too precious!

     
  4. Grateful for Grace on June 27, 2008 at 10:21 PM

    I can't believe he is five either!!

    Happy Birthday, sweet boy!!

    See you tomorrow!

    Love,
    Auntie

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ▼ 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ▼ June (15)
      • Yeah, she's THAT kind of sister...
      • Five years ago...
      • Wordless Wednesday (a day late AGAIN!)
      • Sacrificial Ferns
      • Even I did...
      • Semi-Wordless Wednesday
      • I just can NOT fathom...
      • So funny, so true
      • So far, so good
      • Is it the age + annoying personality flaw?
      • Wordless Wednesday (a day late)
      • Part of the package
      • Hairsprayed out!
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • Reason #3
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ▼  June (15)
      • Yeah, she's THAT kind of sister...
      • Five years ago...
      • Wordless Wednesday (a day late AGAIN!)
      • Sacrificial Ferns
      • Even I did...
      • Semi-Wordless Wednesday
      • I just can NOT fathom...
      • So funny, so true
      • So far, so good
      • Is it the age + annoying personality flaw?
      • Wordless Wednesday (a day late)
      • Part of the package
      • Hairsprayed out!
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • Reason #3
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top