• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

So far, so good

I'm doing it...so far. I've gotten up twice now for a morning walk/jog. I tell ya'...it's hard for me to take the step of getting dressed to go. I do a serious battle of the mind. Seems I have a STRONG voice for a thousand reasons to get back into bed. They are loud. They are smart. They have excellent reasons. I can't even tell you the reasons for the "other side" of the war. Lucky for me, I am just simply stubborn. I force myself to find some clothes and put them on. Once I am doing that, the sleeping voice subsides (and goes back to sleep), while the jogging side gets louder and louder.
It's not an impressive excursion by any means really. I don't have any idea the distance of it. BUT that will come with time.
I went Sat. morning and that evening I also did a pilates video. It's a combination of reg. pilates mat exercises and a session of cardio pilates. Not too bad. There are things on there that I can NOT do.. some of the mat exercises. The cardio wasn't a problem at all but the mat excercises...how does she do that? I look at that woman with complete awe. I tell myself "Aaaahhhh, she's young. She's probably in her early 20s or something..." I doubt she is though. Maybe one day I'll be able to lay flat on my back with my arms stretched overhead and be able to "roll my body up one vertebrae at a time into a sitting position". (if you can do this, don't share ... unless you're younger than 25) ;0) With a little swing in my arms and sort of a throwing myself up and forward, I can do it without using my hands BUT it isn't pretty. It is NOT one vertebrae at a time. When Bianca came over last night (she gave me the video), she can do it. BUT heck, she's 22. :0)
It's a goal.
I think.
We'll see.
If not, I always have the age excuse.
(just go with it friends, let me have an excuse)

For now...thank you to my Sista, a friend K, my BW group, and Bianca...they have all motivated me to get off my bum and go.
I pray it lasts. That my stubbornness continues to win the battle.

:0)
Read More 6 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

6 comments

  1. Grateful for Grace on June 16, 2008 at 9:14 AM

    I'm soooo proud of you!!! Good job!

    to the morning voice: be quiet, you!!!

    to the jogging voice: thank you, and be louder please!

    to God: thank you for helping my sis develop her will, can you come over to my house tomorrow morning?

    mucho love,
    GfG

     
  2. Dawn @ simply transparent on June 16, 2008 at 10:06 AM

    Could you just walk over here and yank me outta bed...I swear that voice of "why" is very persistant these dayz!

    Good for you!

     
  3. theevansfamily on June 16, 2008 at 11:53 AM

    YAY YAY YAY!!! Good for you!! I hope your jogging voice gets louder and that morning voice quieter. I'm so proud of you!

    We need to schedule a playdate...soon!

     
  4. K on June 16, 2008 at 12:49 PM

    I'm soooooo proud of you! It takes 21 days to create a new habit. Paul told us: it's easier to dump a bad habit if you replace it with a good one. And, from someone who knows, "walking out the door is often the hardest part of a run." ESPECIALLY ON MONDAYS. Which is why I'm heading for the treadmill now. Set out your clothes the night before. Post a skinny picture. Promise yourself a ten-pounds-lost reward. Whatever you have to do to keep going. If it was easy, everybody would do it. I'm proud of your discipline, Robin. I promise, IT WILL GET EASIER. I know. I'm two years into it. It's not easy yet, not on Mondays, but it is easier. I love you, and my heart is singing with you today.

     
  5. K on June 16, 2008 at 12:53 PM

    Oh, and on the Pilates. That gets easier too. You'll get more flexible. Yes, even at our age. :)

    And hey, stubborness is a great motivator . . . did you read about my last long run? Yikes . . .

     
  6. Unknown on June 17, 2008 at 12:17 PM

    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ▼ 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ▼ June (15)
      • Yeah, she's THAT kind of sister...
      • Five years ago...
      • Wordless Wednesday (a day late AGAIN!)
      • Sacrificial Ferns
      • Even I did...
      • Semi-Wordless Wednesday
      • I just can NOT fathom...
      • So funny, so true
      • So far, so good
      • Is it the age + annoying personality flaw?
      • Wordless Wednesday (a day late)
      • Part of the package
      • Hairsprayed out!
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • Reason #3
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ▼  June (15)
      • Yeah, she's THAT kind of sister...
      • Five years ago...
      • Wordless Wednesday (a day late AGAIN!)
      • Sacrificial Ferns
      • Even I did...
      • Semi-Wordless Wednesday
      • I just can NOT fathom...
      • So funny, so true
      • So far, so good
      • Is it the age + annoying personality flaw?
      • Wordless Wednesday (a day late)
      • Part of the package
      • Hairsprayed out!
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • Reason #3
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top