• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

So funny, so true

Here's the thing...I've thought and thought about ways to reward/punish myself for working out/not working out. I've come up with a lot of things and am pursuing some of them. My Sista and I are going to do one together. Bianca and I have "challenged" ourselves and will reward accordingly, and last but not least...I have finally come up with a daily one for myself. It is more of a punishment than a reward and it occurred to me quite naturally.
If you know me, you know I LOOOOVE sweet tea. I believe any TRUE Southern gal drinks sweet tea (REAL sweet tea~that means REALLY sweet and none of that instant stuff). (My Sista is currently rolling her eyes at this because I have always teased her for her drinking of UNsweet tea...the heathen!)
So here it is...if I don't exercise, I don't get any sweet tea. That's it. Plain and simple. And....very convincing. It doesn't ALWAYS work because I have learned to stop making sweet tea at home (that was reason number one for the weight I have gained in the past 1.5 years) so I only get it when I am out and about. But there is a Sonic right down the road and although their sweet tea is a hit-and-miss on its quality/taste, they DO have "Happy Hour, 1/2 price drinks" every day from 2-4. I have also been known to drive through Bill Miller's or McDonald's just for sweet tea. It's NOT as good as homemade but it keeps me from drinking a gallon a day!


(and Bill Miller has great

sweet tea..at only $.50 for
this cup's refill!)

So today I did NOT jog (Caleb was up 4 times last night..which means so was I...from 2-5 am) that means I am doing EXTRA Pilates tonight because..well, I already had some sweet tea today! So now I HAVE to exercise!
works for me!

Oh...and here is a link to a post (whose blog I think is FABulous!) who sounds just like me when it comes to sweet tea. I cracked up reading this post and was thrilled to see two things: 1~ my thoughts, reasoning, and ideas of sweet tea are not unheard of and 2~that I make sweet tea the exact same way she says to!

:0)

Read More 5 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

5 comments

  1. Grateful for Grace on June 17, 2008 at 5:41 PM

    I think I need to do a roll call of Southern women who do NOT drink sweet tea!!!

    I'm glad you found something that (sorta) works for you! Way to go, Sis!

    BTW, for what it's worth, I think you're beautiful!!

    love,
    Me

     
  2. Kristen on June 17, 2008 at 7:47 PM

    You have just described MY exercise plan! I reward myself with sweet tea all the time. And sometimes, even when I'm bad! Thanks for the link. We are kindred sweet tea drinkers.

     
  3. Dawn @ simply transparent on June 17, 2008 at 8:11 PM

    Ok I'm not here to "convert" just "introduce"...hear me out now.

    This is how do a great sweet tea at home...

    Lipton raspberry flavor and peach flavor 1 teabags each.
    Boil water or just heat on high to hot...put in the bags...leave for 5 min or when I remember I've got them steeping...then because the fruit flavor is there only 1/2 cup of suger instead of 1 1/2 cups like some crazy drinkers! PER their weight gain.

    And unlike most I don't measure out the added water I just take it to the desired color I prefer sometimes dark, sometimes light.

    Limit to two glasses at a daily (and only want it when it summer time hot) this is only when I promise to drink as much or more of H2O.
    So that's my "tea story" and I'm sticking to it!

     
  4. theevansfamily on June 17, 2008 at 9:47 PM

    I think it's a GREAT idea! Way to go!

    Calling ya manana...promise!

     
  5. Grateful for Grace on June 17, 2008 at 11:15 PM

    Ok, now I'm jealous! You got 'we are that family' to post on your blog!!!!!

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ▼ 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ▼ June (15)
      • Yeah, she's THAT kind of sister...
      • Five years ago...
      • Wordless Wednesday (a day late AGAIN!)
      • Sacrificial Ferns
      • Even I did...
      • Semi-Wordless Wednesday
      • I just can NOT fathom...
      • So funny, so true
      • So far, so good
      • Is it the age + annoying personality flaw?
      • Wordless Wednesday (a day late)
      • Part of the package
      • Hairsprayed out!
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • Reason #3
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ▼  June (15)
      • Yeah, she's THAT kind of sister...
      • Five years ago...
      • Wordless Wednesday (a day late AGAIN!)
      • Sacrificial Ferns
      • Even I did...
      • Semi-Wordless Wednesday
      • I just can NOT fathom...
      • So funny, so true
      • So far, so good
      • Is it the age + annoying personality flaw?
      • Wordless Wednesday (a day late)
      • Part of the package
      • Hairsprayed out!
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • Reason #3
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top