:0)
It started out worse than this....It started out with baskets on the floor in front of the washer and dryer. Of course that made walking in and out a nightmare. There was also a rolling metal rack between the washer and dryer that collected junk. Didn't have anything on it really important. The dryer also collected stuff...I used to store the detergents on top of the dryer.
I thought I took photos of it at that stage but I can't find them....
SO...this is when I thought my laundry room was organized and beautiful. :0) The rack was gone, new baskets were purchased to fit in that space, and we could walk in and out much easier. I put up the two smaller shelves to store detergent and various things. It was WONDERFUL! I was pretty proud.


yep, I thought it looked great and was finished.
Then I started crafting and organizing my house for real.
It's amazing how relative things are huh?
Now my laundry room looks like this:


I got diaper boxes from a friend and covered them with black material and a ribbon trim...SUPER easy.


I bought $1 "party buckets" from the grocery store and put supplies in them. Each bucket is something different. I made my own laundry detergent and put it in the red metal boxes. Those are boxes that used to be in my kitchen...back in the day...as canisters. Glad I held on to them!

I also made the adorable little containers for Tea Tree Oil and Vinegar. Those containers and dish were finds at Goodwill. They weren't a set at all...but I think they turned out great...black spray paint is one of my favorite necessities in life. :0)

(I can't find the before photos of these...the bottles were plain with silver lids. The tray was a white ceramic with blue painted trim and a blue "c" in the center. I painted all of those black, made the tags, and used ribbon I had on hand.)I wonder what it will look like another 6 months from now. Will I continue to make improvements? I love it now and can't imagine anything else but thankfully everything in my house is continuing an upward movement of becoming cleaner, personalized, and more organized.
How about you? Are you make improvements in an area of your home?
:0)
