• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

more canvas "photos"


I'm lovin' what I can do with inexpensive canvases and "photos". I say it that way (with cute little quotation marks) because the sign I made isn't what I would normally call a photo BUT I had it printed as an 11x14 photo. SO...it's a "photo". :0)

I had picked up some 11x14 canvases a while back. These are the flat ones...not like a box style.
I typed out the lyrics to one of my favorite songs and had it printed at Costco in 11x14. (When I typed it out and created the "photo", I left space at the bottom for some embellishments.)
Then I used my wonderful ModPodge. I painted some on and put the print down, smoothing it out. Then I waited a bit and applied a coat on top. This time I used a brush because I wanted the look of the brush strokes. When I did actual photos, I rolled it out and liked that texture but for this, I wanted the lines that a brush makes.
Can you see the lines/texture from the brush?
I waited for it to dry and did another coat. :0)
Then I made some fabric rosettes out of some leftover material. I had the patterned material from the bench i did here and the black was from my diaper boxes i recovered for my laundry room here.

I knew I wanted to hang it with another frame...sort of floating in a frame...so I dug around. I bought a really cheap and big frame a while back at Goodwill. When my hubby was unloading the car he dropped it, therefore breaking the glass. I told him it wasn't a big deal, I would use it for something. It was in my pile of frames for my collage wall (STILL haven't done that project!) so I grabbed it. I had no idea what size it was because there was some sort of goofy "art" in it, it wasn't a photo frame. Turns out it was/is the PERFECT size for this project! YEA!

So I hung up the frame and then needed to figure out how to hang the canvas. I decided to hot glue thumbtacks on the back of it! Super easy and cheap....only thing I could think of too.

Here's how it turned out. I love it!

It's funny...I keep making things and then have to find places for them so I'm constantly moving things around in my house. I like the change and so far they are changes for the better (at least I think so and I'm the only one that's going to be asked! ;0)

What can you make with some canvases and "photos"?
I made another sign but haven't figure out how/where to put it yet. It's a funny one.

BTW in case you wanted to know, EVERY time I see this sign I break out in song. I sing it. I don't just sing it either, I sing it with an African accent. Good thing I'm not posting what that sounds like! ;0) I have this song on my cd of the African's Children Choir. I highly recommend that cd, it's incredible!
click on the photo of the cd cover and hopefully it will direct you to their store. If you've never heard them/seen them perform, see if they are coming someplace near you. They are INCREDIBLE!

bye for now!
(I apologize for the horrible lighting/color of the photos. I didn't have great light coming through the windows and when I used a flash it glared back at me!)
Read More 5 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

5 comments

  1. Rachel on April 26, 2011 at 6:21 PM

    I love it! I also love the quote - very neat! :)

     
  2. cajungal01 on April 26, 2011 at 6:27 PM

    Thanks Rachel! :0) It's one of my favorite songs that is often stuck in my brain. :0)
    ~robin

     
  3. Heart n Soul on April 26, 2011 at 10:41 PM

    Great idea :)

     
  4. Jos @ keathley{chronicles} on April 29, 2011 at 7:06 PM

    That is SO cool! And doable! And frugal! Thanks for sharing!

     
  5. cajungal01 on April 29, 2011 at 7:50 PM

    Thanks so much Heart n soul! :0)

    Jos~I really appreciate the comment. It truly is super easy, you should make one! Let me know if you do, I'd love to see how great yours turns out. :0)

    Thanks for taking the time to comment ladies!
    :0)
    ~robin

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ▼ 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ▼ April (13)
      • Works for Me... stuffed animal holder!
      • more canvas "photos"
      • That time again and we are SOOO excited!
      • Black and White photos on canvas!
      • BookBed Caddies!
      • Bench redo
      • Spring Cleaning!
      • my nemesis
      • Super painting!
      • We love SPRING!
      • Seriously cute right?
      • A room to grow in...
      • I am SOOO excited about this project!
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ► 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ▼  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ▼  April (13)
      • Works for Me... stuffed animal holder!
      • more canvas "photos"
      • That time again and we are SOOO excited!
      • Black and White photos on canvas!
      • BookBed Caddies!
      • Bench redo
      • Spring Cleaning!
      • my nemesis
      • Super painting!
      • We love SPRING!
      • Seriously cute right?
      • A room to grow in...
      • I am SOOO excited about this project!
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top