• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

YEA for growing up..and helping! ;0)

There are some things that are wonderful about your kids getting older...one that I am recently experiencing is their ability to help clean...really clean. My kids have always been responsible for cleaning their room (that usually meant picking up all toys, dirty clothes, etc) and cleaning their "area" such as the table after eating or craft table after creating.
NOW though they can do so much more!

They still have to do their basics and we don't give any sort of allowance
BUT I'm ok with offering $ for doing "extras" if they want.
Caleb's new choice for earning money is cleaning up the "mess" that the dogs leave in the backyard. This is my LEAST FAVORITE CHORE ever so I happily give him a few bucks each time he does it (which is on Saturdays).
Georgia is not so fond of that chore so she wanted to do something else. I decided to have her clean the bathroom (heck, if you're going to find extra chores for your kiddos AND pay them to do it, it may as well be the ones you like least RIGHT?) :0)

It was actually really fun to truly teach her how to CLEAN a bathroom, really clean it.
She did a great job too! She learned to take everything off the counters first then clean the counters and sink, then clean the mirrors, the toilet next, and be sure to empty the trash.



We didn't go as far as mopping the floor or cleaning the tub but I was thrilled with how well she did! :0) It was wonderful!
The fact that she enjoyed it too is a bonus.
and it only cost me A BUCK!

:0)
(I look forward to them being able to really fold clothes...I may love my laundry room now but I still despise laundry!)
Read More 3 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

3 comments

  1. atrendymom on May 17, 2011 at 8:58 PM

    Thanks for checking out my blog Bucket of Buttons. To answer your question, you do not have to serge the seams to make the dress. A regular straight stitch is fine. Only leave a 1/3" seam allowance - then you won't lose too much of the width of the dress. Let me know how how it goes when you make it...it really is fairly simple and looks adorable on. I'd love to see it when you make it.

    Becky
    http://bucketofbuttons.blogspot.com

     
  2. Grateful for Grace on May 21, 2011 at 10:37 PM

    Way to go!! You AND them! YEA! Hey, I'll pay her a buck when she comes to visit Auntie. ;)

     
  3. cajungal01 on May 22, 2011 at 10:18 AM

    I'm sure she'd love that Sis! :0) Well, maybe....

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ▼ 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ▼ May (10)
      • Another teacher gift idea
      • Teacher Gifts
      • Mother's Day/Father's Day
      • YEA for growing up..and helping! ;0)
      • We love it!
      • Two little things that I LOVE
      • Mother's Day ...remembering my Momma
      • Simple and inexpensive! :0)
      • Bigger stuffed animal storage
      • My big boy!
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ► 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ▼  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ▼  May (10)
      • Another teacher gift idea
      • Teacher Gifts
      • Mother's Day/Father's Day
      • YEA for growing up..and helping! ;0)
      • We love it!
      • Two little things that I LOVE
      • Mother's Day ...remembering my Momma
      • Simple and inexpensive! :0)
      • Bigger stuffed animal storage
      • My big boy!
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top