• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

Mother's Day ...remembering my Momma

Hellllloooooo! :0)

My Mom had a funny/fun way of answering the phone. It was the long "Hellloooo" with the high pitch at the end...the one from City Slickers if you ever saw that movie. It's what she did.

She also scratched my back EVERY time I saw her. I would lay across her lap without saying a word and just lay there quietly while she scratched my back. Some times we would talk and others just watch tv (tv was almost always on in my Mom's house).

She also gave great hugs. The real front-faced-squeeze-ya-hard kind. Not a wimpy kind.

She also loved to dance. As a matter of fact, two days before she passed away I helped her stand and made her dance with me...to "Honkey Tonk Badonkadonk". Yep, you read that right. She loved that song. We shook our botties together. I had NO IDEA that she would pass away two days later...so I'm so very glad that I went with the urge and danced with her.

She LOVED to read. She read MULTIPLE books DAILY! The trashy romance novels...(ugh!). She would go to the library with a plastic grocery bag, fill it up, and walk out. They didn't bother actually checking them out to her. They knew she would be back in a couple of days...to empty the bag and refill it. I am so glad I got the love of reading from her. I don't like the same type of books but I read and go through books much faster than my husband can understand.

Ya know, I could go on and on with all of the wonderful things about my Mom that I want to take the time to remember today but the main thing, the biggest thing, that sticks out in my mind about my mom...
she loved me. She loved me so much. I knew it, I NEVER doubted it. She was absolutely the rock in my life that I needed. She NEVER faltered from that...she was absolutely supportive and understanding (and let me tell you...I wasn't always easy to support or understand!). She always told me that I could get through anything, that she always believed in me, and that while life may not always be easy, it was always worth it.
She was the greatest.
She truly was.

I miss her so very much today, a day that I wish I could tell her all of those things I remember and miss about her.

I pray that you have an amazing Mom and that you take the time to tell her that. I pray that if there is anything standing between you and your Mom, that you can put it aside and reach out to each other. If your Mom has passed away, I pray that you can remember wonderful things about her and know how truly blessed we all were to have great Moms.

:0)
Read More 1 Comment | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

1 Comment

  1. Grateful for Grace on May 11, 2011 at 9:20 PM

    Waaaaaaaaaah! Love all these remembrances! I loved watching her dance.

    I miss her so much.

    I live you!

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ▼ 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ▼ May (10)
      • Another teacher gift idea
      • Teacher Gifts
      • Mother's Day/Father's Day
      • YEA for growing up..and helping! ;0)
      • We love it!
      • Two little things that I LOVE
      • Mother's Day ...remembering my Momma
      • Simple and inexpensive! :0)
      • Bigger stuffed animal storage
      • My big boy!
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ► 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ▼  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ▼  May (10)
      • Another teacher gift idea
      • Teacher Gifts
      • Mother's Day/Father's Day
      • YEA for growing up..and helping! ;0)
      • We love it!
      • Two little things that I LOVE
      • Mother's Day ...remembering my Momma
      • Simple and inexpensive! :0)
      • Bigger stuffed animal storage
      • My big boy!
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top