• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

Mother's Day/Father's Day

Sometimes it takes me a while to post things....like this time. :0) Here are some little crafts I made for Mother's Day for the kiddos I keep during the week.

They are both super simple and could be made for Father's Day!

The first one is a bucket of love. I simply traced the little boy's hand (which wasn't easy... he's only 8 months old and did NOT want me to trace his hand) and then cut it out. I used that to trace a bunch more in various colors. Then I taped them to long skewers...they were green ones, I think they are actually some sort of garden stakes. I cut a piece of foam (just the cheap white kind...not floral foam) and put it in the bottom of the bucket. I pushed the stakes in, cutting them to various heights, until I thought it looked ok. I simply used stickers I already had on hand to make the "i love you" on the front. You could put anything there. Then you could attach a cute note that said "A bucket of love"...or whatever you wanted. :0)
(sorry for the horrible photo, I forgot to take one until I was on the way to deliver it!)

The second one is one of my all time favorite things to do. It is super easy and I think they are beautiful! For this one, I let the older son (he's 3) paint a plain frame. (Be sure to remove the glass first!) I got it at Michael's for $3 (I think)... We just used kid's washable tempera paint...nothing fancy. After he was finished I took it outside to spray paint a few coats of clear lacquer on it to protect it and give it a finished look. I had previously traced his and his brother's hand-print onto regular white cardstock. Now that I knew what colors the frame was, I chose two coordinating papers from my paper stash. I traced their hand-prints onto the cardstock and cut them out. I used another piece of cardstock for the background and taped it all down. (You can't really tell in the photo, it was a pearly white cardstock for the background, really added some sparkle). Then I simply wrote their names and Mother's Day on it.

i think it turned out GREAT! :0) The Mom has it in her kitchen in a beautiful black picture stand and it looks really nice!

Thanks for stopping by!
:0)

Read More 0 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

0 comments



Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ▼ 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ▼ May (10)
      • Another teacher gift idea
      • Teacher Gifts
      • Mother's Day/Father's Day
      • YEA for growing up..and helping! ;0)
      • We love it!
      • Two little things that I LOVE
      • Mother's Day ...remembering my Momma
      • Simple and inexpensive! :0)
      • Bigger stuffed animal storage
      • My big boy!
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ► 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ▼  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ▼  May (10)
      • Another teacher gift idea
      • Teacher Gifts
      • Mother's Day/Father's Day
      • YEA for growing up..and helping! ;0)
      • We love it!
      • Two little things that I LOVE
      • Mother's Day ...remembering my Momma
      • Simple and inexpensive! :0)
      • Bigger stuffed animal storage
      • My big boy!
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top