• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

Two little things that I LOVE

I had two little projects that I did lately that make a big difference for me! :0)

The first is homemade laundry detergent. I never thought I'd do this. I knew people who did, I saw it a lot on various blogs, I just always thought "Nope, I like my Gain just fine thanks". Then I kept seeing it.
I started to ponder...why not?
(ok, also I was redoing my laundry room and didn't want a big ugly jug of detergent messing up the cuteness!)
I looked it up some more online
SOOO many people say they love it, say it works. That many people can't be wrong, right?
I also LOVED that it was a little way to save money.

the last part....
it seemed super easy.

Cute
Cheap
Easy

I LOVE THOSE WORDS!

So I did it! I used this recipe.
I really do love it!
It works!
It is super easy!
It uses ONE TABLESPOON PER LOAD! How crazy is that!
I also started using vinegar for fabric softener...when I remember to go add it during the rinse cycle...


The second project is a menu folder and board. I saw adorable ones here (aren't hers absolutely beautiful!?). I loved it immediately! I also print out recipes or use my recipe cards..then I have them laying on the counter while I cook. They get FILTHY (I am NOT a neat cook!). This project solved that problem completely! They are inside my cabinets right next to my stove. I didn't put the folder above the magnet board because it would be too hard for me to reach (I'm not very tall...or tall in any sense of the word..in case you don't know me irl). It was a very easy project and again super cheap! Paper, a metal sign I found for LESS THAN $2 at the Hobby Lobby clearance aisle, and the most expensive part... velcro pieces to hang it with.


There ya have it, two super easy projects I did that make a BIG IMPACT in my little world.

:0)

Read More 1 Comment | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

1 Comment

  1. Grateful for Grace on May 11, 2011 at 9:22 PM

    I'm so proud of you! Since I'm done with cloth diapers it's time to go back to homemade detergent! Yea you!

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ▼ 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ▼ May (10)
      • Another teacher gift idea
      • Teacher Gifts
      • Mother's Day/Father's Day
      • YEA for growing up..and helping! ;0)
      • We love it!
      • Two little things that I LOVE
      • Mother's Day ...remembering my Momma
      • Simple and inexpensive! :0)
      • Bigger stuffed animal storage
      • My big boy!
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ► 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ▼  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ▼  May (10)
      • Another teacher gift idea
      • Teacher Gifts
      • Mother's Day/Father's Day
      • YEA for growing up..and helping! ;0)
      • We love it!
      • Two little things that I LOVE
      • Mother's Day ...remembering my Momma
      • Simple and inexpensive! :0)
      • Bigger stuffed animal storage
      • My big boy!
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top