alas, they arrived! :0)
(I hope to get better photos...right now these are from inside the window that looks out to them...through the glass...they are still a bit skiddish of me out there with them)So far we only have one family, in Georgia's house, leaving Caleb's empty (he's not real happy about that). BUT they are a delight to watch. They eat from the feeder and they zoom in and out of their house with nesting materials. They also hang on the porch and sing beautifully! WE ARE LOVIN' IT! We almost always have our front window open so we can enjoy them throughout the day. It's a perfect setup actually. We even added something new to it this year...a little bag of nesting materials! We went around the house (Georgia and I) and talked about what birds like to make their nests out of, then we found what we could. We used a loofah that we cut a section from and filled it with: cotton balls, ribbons, straw, dog hair (just a few strokes of the furminator on Eli gave us PLENTY of that!), moss, and sticks.

Then I just used the staple gun to attach it to the post. It is right between the feeder and the bird houses.

Now they have all they need right in one area! :0) So far their favorite materials from our bag is the cotton and the dog hair.

Next year I am going to use a suet bird feeder to put our nesting materials in...I think our loofah mesh may be a bit small...
:0)

Oh, this is just great, Sis!! I love the nesting materials bag. Brilliant!
Thanks Sis! :0)