• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

Teacher Gifts


I am having so much fun making teacher gifts! These are for my son's enrichment teachers... Spanish, Music, PE, Art, and Librarian. I wanted something nice but affordable.

This is how it happened:
Hobby Lobby has glassware on sale (they do this week too! Until June 4th!) so I grabbed some of these ADORABLE jars! I thought I was going to use baby food jars but when I saw these, I couldn't resist. On sale for only $1 each made it even sweeter! :0)

next I measured the top of the jar. I used my Silhouette to cut out a circle and a pawprint that I thought would fit on top. I first cut them out on regular white paper to make sure the size was right. You don't have to use a Silhouette..you can trace something the right size (such as a little cup, the lid itself...) and print out a pawprint and then trace that. :0)

Once I knew they were the right size, I loaded the yellow/gold cardstock into my silhouette and had it cut out enough circles.
I modpodged the circles to the tops of the jars. I let it dry and did a couple more layers of modpodge.

Then I cut the pawprints out of blue vinyl. (the school colors are blue and gold) I simply placed those on top.

I also cut out blue circles (a bit smaller than the ones for the lids) and yellow/gold tags that say "Just for you".

I modpodged those together and did a few coats of modpodge. After they dried I wrote "Thank you for a great year! Love,...." on the back of each one.

A few strands of curling ribbon and some M&Ms and they were finished!
I LOVE how they turned out!

Cost breakdown:
$1 jar
$1 worth of M&Ms (I got the party size bag for $7, filled all 5 jars and still have some left)
approx. .75 cents in paper and vinyl...(vinyl being the most expensive part but I got mine with a coupon for half off)

around $2.75 each
Super sweet!
:0)
Read More 2 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

2 comments

  1. Grateful for Grace on May 30, 2011 at 4:41 PM

    These are stinkin' cute. SEriously.

     
  2. cajungal01 on May 30, 2011 at 6:49 PM

    Thanks! :0)

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ▼ 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ▼ May (10)
      • Another teacher gift idea
      • Teacher Gifts
      • Mother's Day/Father's Day
      • YEA for growing up..and helping! ;0)
      • We love it!
      • Two little things that I LOVE
      • Mother's Day ...remembering my Momma
      • Simple and inexpensive! :0)
      • Bigger stuffed animal storage
      • My big boy!
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ► 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ▼  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ▼  May (10)
      • Another teacher gift idea
      • Teacher Gifts
      • Mother's Day/Father's Day
      • YEA for growing up..and helping! ;0)
      • We love it!
      • Two little things that I LOVE
      • Mother's Day ...remembering my Momma
      • Simple and inexpensive! :0)
      • Bigger stuffed animal storage
      • My big boy!
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top