• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

Works for me!

The Theme for "Works for Me Wednesday" is TOYS. I love this idea since I am trying to figure out Christmas lists for my kiddos..I'll love seeing some of other people's lists!

Here's ours:
The computer is their absolute favorite toy...but..
these are great too:
Thomas trains/tracks (or imaginarium tracks)~ These have been a part of our life FOREVER it seems. Caleb started when he turned 2 and they are still pulled out and played with a few times each week. By both kids. By friends. By anyone. We've had them screwed into a train table, loose on a train table, and now they are just in a bin that gets dragged out so he can make his own track on the floor of the living room. :0) These are WONDERFUL!

Sandbox~ my hubby built a big sandbox almost 2 years ago and it is still a hit. It finally needs more sand but it's played in almost every time we go into the back yard. Again, it's a hit for kids of all ages that come over and both genders.

Hotwheels~ I used to think that a few cars are enough. Then I thought 20. Then maybe 30 or so... I've learned though ... you can NOT have too many Hotwheels! Caleb has just recently gotten a bit snobby in the toy car area and he will ONLY play with Hotwheels. He checks the backs. All that don't have the Hotwheel logo were given to his sister. He plays with these cars daily, takes some to the park when we go (what else is best to slide down the slides?), etc. Doesn't have tracks (yet) but loves to line them up, run them all over the house, etc.

tea set ~ this is the only toy I can think of for Georgia that I'd list. She is just starting to get into toys and this is the ONE that she will almost always play with, especially if ANY friend comes over.

Candy Land/Chutes and Ladders~ tried and true. My kids go nuts for it anytime we get it out!

Playdough~ same as above. They love it ANYTIME... especially Georgia lately.

That's what works for us for toys!

I also have another "Works for me Wednesday" I wanted to share...it's not in the toy category though...just something I've been waiting to share! :0)

I love making my house smell good.
Different seasons = different scents
I usually use candles and I have some GREAT candles.

But

This time I am doing it the old fashioned way.
On my stove top I keep a little pot (the smallest I have that I usually don't know what to do with!)
In it is water, sliced apples, cinnamon sticks, some ground cloves, and a couple sprinkles of nutmeg.
Every evening or late afternoon, I turn on the stove to Low.
It smells FABULOUS!

When more water needs to be added, I add some more water.
It lasts for the week.
Each Sunday evening I dump it out and start over.
Sometimes with nutmeg, sometimes without.

Super cheap and easy too!
:0)
~robin
Read More 1 Comment | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

1 Comment

  1. Grateful for Grace on November 5, 2008 at 9:12 PM

    You are one of the most clever and resourceful people I know. Do you come from a long line of smart people? Is it in your genes?

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ▼ 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ▼ November (9)
      • Thanksgiving FUN!
      • Prayers needed...please
      • Works for me Wednesday..clean bathrooms!
      • My BABY GIRL is THREE!
      • YEA GOD!
      • YEA YEA YEA FOR NANA!
      • Works for me!
      • Medina again...with friends!
      • Halloween fun!
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ▼  November (9)
      • Thanksgiving FUN!
      • Prayers needed...please
      • Works for me Wednesday..clean bathrooms!
      • My BABY GIRL is THREE!
      • YEA GOD!
      • YEA YEA YEA FOR NANA!
      • Works for me!
      • Medina again...with friends!
      • Halloween fun!
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top