• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

Works for me Wednesday..clean bathrooms!


Ok, I've been really excited about what I am sharing today for my "Works for me Wednesday".
For those of you that ALWAYS have spotless bathrooms, AND you clean them YOURSELF, well, skip today's post and come back another time.
For anyone that battles bathrooms like I do, maybe I have something that can help.

See, I live where we have SUPER hard water.
NO, we don't have a water softener put in.
YES, I know we could.

BUT NO, we don't have the funds for one.
SO...that means hard water build up.
Rust stains.
Calcium deposits, ETC.


It can make cleaning a bit difficult sometimes.
My MIL (the wonderful Nana) has made it HER mission to get rid of the rust and build up in my toilets.

YES, I said toilets.
(I have already mentioned how awesome Nana is..now you should have no doubt)
No matter what we cleaned the toilets with, it would never take off the rust or hard water stains.

Nothing worked.
Nana would come over and twice now she has set to my toilets with a knife in hand and scraped away any build up. She often leaves metal scratches on the toilet bowl but alas, no rust stains.

This past weekend Nana came and she was EXCITED.

EXCITED about what she had seen on tv.
A PUMICE STONE can get rid of that sort of build up on things.
She immediately put on her rubber gloves and attacked my toilet.

It worked!
My toilet is now a beautiful white, glistening actually.
Never been so clean!
They look amazing (umm...I decided NOT to share photos of my toilet)

So...first tip....Pumice Stone for rust or hard water build up (only for ceramic or stone surfaces).

My next tip I am even more excited about.

Anyone but me have nasty grayish build up on their walk in shower floor?
(I PROMISE, I really do clean...these build ups are NOT my fault!)
Anyone?
(ok...if NOBODY else knows what I'm talking about, please don't mention that)
Here is a nasty photo that I am even willing to share
Again, I SCRUB my shower floor with: Tilex, Soft Scrub, Comet, ETC. and none of it worked.
Ok..the photo...



the bright white spot you
see is from where I was
scrubbing the shower with
the pumice stone!






Now the new photo!


Can you believe it?
And...the miracle cleaning agent...





EASY OFF OVEN CLEANER!

Seriously!
I sprayed it on, left to do other things, went back a couple hours later (after forgetting about it), and used a scrub brush to EASILY scrub it off and rinse it away.
It was AMAZING!
My shower looks brand new!
(another tip...the best thing for my shower doors is KABOOM!, it cleans WONDERFULLY).
Can you believe how great it looks?

All of this goes perfectly with my bathroom that has a totally new and drastic look. I will share photos once it is COMPLETELY finished (and that can't happen until I borrow someone's drill to use to hang things up...our drill died today!)

So remember:
pumice stone
easy off oven cleaner

YEA YEA YEA for cleaner bathrooms!

Read More 1 Comment | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

1 Comment

  1. Chelsea on December 1, 2008 at 2:07 PM

    I wish you had said something about the toilet sooner... the other thing that works well that I did here at my house. Drywall screen. (The stuff you use to sand the drywall mud.) Did you get the stuff I ordered and shipped to your house?

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ▼ 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ▼ November (9)
      • Thanksgiving FUN!
      • Prayers needed...please
      • Works for me Wednesday..clean bathrooms!
      • My BABY GIRL is THREE!
      • YEA GOD!
      • YEA YEA YEA FOR NANA!
      • Works for me!
      • Medina again...with friends!
      • Halloween fun!
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ▼  November (9)
      • Thanksgiving FUN!
      • Prayers needed...please
      • Works for me Wednesday..clean bathrooms!
      • My BABY GIRL is THREE!
      • YEA GOD!
      • YEA YEA YEA FOR NANA!
      • Works for me!
      • Medina again...with friends!
      • Halloween fun!
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top