• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

the joys of being a SAHM

As a SAHM, we have the joys of doing all those "cute" activities that children often do at schools and/or daycares, here at home! You know what I'm talking about right? This time of year...all of the cute little Christmas things that kids make. Be it ornaments with glitter, a Santa of construction paper, or the handprint wreath....they make SOMETHING for you to hang up and grin over. So...as a SAHM and childcare provider of another little one..I look forward to embarking upon this time honored tradition myself. This year I decided to go with a footprint/handprint Rudolph composed of the prints "stamped" with paint. Seemed like a good idea...earlier today. I gleefully got out the papers, made some brown paint, stripped the girls down to diapers, and prepared for the "fun" craft. Well...I was NOT prepared for or even considerate of how my baby girl would react to this. I was preparing myself for a possible mess from the girls wanting to have fun with the paint, wanting to play in it...smear it....that sort of thing. In my mind I was steering myself to keep it business and not let the girls get into the paint. Hmmm....I'm obviously new to doing this with little girls and was basing my view on how my son always reacted to paint (or anything somewhat/entirely messy)...the girls...did NOT react the same. As I picked Georgia up and walked towards the TINY container of brown paint (I actually found one that was almost the exact size of their feet...as not to have too much slip-sliding room), she got HYSTERICAL! She obviously knew what I intended to do with her foot and she was appalled at the idea! She started SCREAMING HYSTERICALLY (with huge crocodile tears even!) "NOOOOOOO MOMMA! YUUUUUCKY! YUUUUUCKY!" She wanted NOTHING to do with this slime in which I intended to submerse her foot. Now, as you are picturing what this probably looked like..let me let you in on the saving grace of this project...while Georgia was indeed screaming hysterically, she did NOT thrash about. So THANKFULLY, she was just loud, VERY loud. I continued with the matter at hand, dunked her foot and stamped it onto two different pieces of paper. Then I cleaned her off, dried her, and let her down where she very quickly dashed from the room and my evil grip. Gab was much easier and although she whimpered while I put her through the same torture, whimper and whine was all she did. After all of that I then got the supplies for the next project...a marker and cardstock to simply trace the girls' hands so I can then trace them on green paper and make wreaths. Gabriella was fine with this idea and let me trace her hands without a care in the world. As I approached Georgia though she jumped from the sofa and ran away, again crying hysterically "NOOOOOO MOMMA!". So, that will be worked on later. Wish me luck.
I will say....Caleb was MUCH easier. He got home from preK, I showed him what I wanted to do. He sat down and let me do what I needed done. That was it.

Later I shall attempt to do all of the kids' hands in black paint for the "antlers" of our footprint Rudolphs.

hmmmm....wanna' come over and help?

:0)
~robin
Read More 1 Comment | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

1 Comment

  1. Anonymous on December 21, 2007 at 9:59 PM

    Fun fun fun!!!
    Here's a tip...try using a paintbrush to put the paint on instead of dunking their hands and feet. This tickles and my students tend to like it more. Trust me...it's all live and learn on finding techniques that work! Also, I find that if I do my hand first to show them they seem to understand what will happen. Maybe you can do your son's first so he can model for the girls. Hope the hands go better:) I love holiday activities!
    Nicole

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ► 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ▼ 2007 (9)
    • ▼ December (9)
      • Happy Happy New Year!
      • the after holiday buzz
      • HO HO HO!
      • He did it!
      • the joys of being a SAHM
      • a good weekend
      • Ahhhh...I'm finished ....almost
      • A relaxing (somewhat) Saturday
      • Trying this out...

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ▼  2007 (9)
    • ▼  December (9)
      • Happy Happy New Year!
      • the after holiday buzz
      • HO HO HO!
      • He did it!
      • the joys of being a SAHM
      • a good weekend
      • Ahhhh...I'm finished ....almost
      • A relaxing (somewhat) Saturday
      • Trying this out...
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top