• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

a good weekend

This looks like it's gonna be a great weekend. Yesterday I went and surprised my family in Kerrville and showed up for the day. First we went to Mimi/PapaL's house where we just visited, ate lunch, and watched the kids run around crazy with PapaL. At one point C was "swimming" across the floor chasing PapaL hollering "the fish is going to eat the shark! I GOT YA!" They had a grand time and I think that man has more energy than I do! He just plays with them nonstop and I LOVE seeing the kids have such a great time...NO TOYS involved! All it takes is PapaL!
Then we headed over to my sis's house where we COMPLETELY surprised her. I was even on the phone with her while in her house, her not knowing that I was standing across the room. It was fabulous to see her reaction. :0) I needed the day of hangin' with my sis...just visiting. We haven't gotten to do that in a while. It was needed and cherished. She even got me off my bum to do her walk with her she is doing each day. I think it's a horrible reflection of my laziness lately that my sis, a mom of 5, preggers with number 6, exercises each day yet I haven't done that in ... well...way too long to calculate. So...it was nice. We stayed the remainder of the day, had dinner, and then headed back home. It was a perfect day.
Now today is here. About to get everyone up and ready for church. Then we'll probably get lunch, run some errands..that sort of thing. I hope to hit Old Navy and Barnes and Noble where I'll pick up my Christmas presents from my Mom/PapaL. :0) then we'll come spend some time at home..and then... my hubby and I get to go on a date! My friend S is going to babysit so we can go on a long date...well...not all day or anything (although that would be nice sometime) but at least dinner and a movie without us paying $40 at the child drop in center. We're probably going to do an early dinner and then go see "I Am Legend". My hubby bubby really wants to see that movie. I'm not as thrilled with the idea. It looks good but I don't really like movies with mutated people and dogs and such. Just kinda' creepy. But I am a Will Smith fan and there are definitely parts of the movie that look good....no other movie is jumping out at me....so that's probably what we'll see. (on a side note..I saw in one of the previews a clip that shows Will on a treadmill and his German Shepherd next to him also on a treadmill..I'm seriously considering this form of exercise for Eli..what a great idea!)
All in all...it's turning out to be a fabulous weekend! It's gorgeous weather too. It's pretty chilly.. today's high is 56 BUT it's sunny and beautiful! LOOOOOVE it!

alright, better hop in the shower. I'm gonna give B a call too and see if she and Gab want to come to church with us as well!
:0)
~me
Read More 2 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

2 comments

  1. Grateful for Grace on December 16, 2007 at 4:48 PM

    It was a perfect day. I agree. Thanks for coming and thanks for surprising me! I loved it.
    I love you.

     
  2. Chelsea on December 17, 2007 at 12:44 AM

    I don't think they make treadmills big enough for horses.

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ► 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ▼ 2007 (9)
    • ▼ December (9)
      • Happy Happy New Year!
      • the after holiday buzz
      • HO HO HO!
      • He did it!
      • the joys of being a SAHM
      • a good weekend
      • Ahhhh...I'm finished ....almost
      • A relaxing (somewhat) Saturday
      • Trying this out...

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ▼  2007 (9)
    • ▼  December (9)
      • Happy Happy New Year!
      • the after holiday buzz
      • HO HO HO!
      • He did it!
      • the joys of being a SAHM
      • a good weekend
      • Ahhhh...I'm finished ....almost
      • A relaxing (somewhat) Saturday
      • Trying this out...
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top