• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

Been a Bit Busy

Well... I've been a bit busy. So busy in fact, that I rarely talk to or hang out with my sister any more. BUT that's not what I'm here to tell you about. I wanted to share what all I've been up to.


After my trip to Louisiana (it was fabulous, even if I barely talked to my sister during those two weeks), I hit the ground running with work. It's been crazy busy. Seriously. Actually, that's putting it lightly, but I like crazy. Can't you tell?





Not long after we got back, I went to my sister's for a three hour family reunion with my mom's side of the family. We had a really nice time visiting and fishing. Caleb absolutely loved fishing! He caught a few and it was fun to see his excitement. My sister is such a wonderful hostess. It's a delight to be in her home. Seeing my cousin and aunt/uncle was great. We always laugh a lot.





I also had to accept the fact that my baby boy was turning six and his party was soon. Yes, six. As in, going to kindergarten in August. For his party we had an inflatable water slide in the backyard. I really didn't have to do much to get ready for the party unless you count painting the living room, redecorating the living room, redecorating the guest bedroom, rearranging the kids' room and doing some landscaping in the front yard. It was a really quiet week before the party with those little things. Did someone say crazy?









He had a super time and so did all his friends and cousins (the cousins were the coolest guests at the party, just so you know). He loved every minute, except for the minute where I said he couldn't play with his gifts until after everyone left. That's par for the course for a six year old, though. He was adorable. Almost as adorable as his cousins. He also decided to ch
eck out his cake before everyone arrived. It didn't go so smoothly, thus the cake looks a little beat up. No worries, six year-olds don't care. It was a great party. I was a little tired that night. I'm not sure why. We did enjoy pizza with my sister, her kiddos, and Papalou after the party. You can see how much my darling nephew liked his slice.











Since the party, I've switched jobs (I'm still at the same church but am now the director for the Day School) but continue to do my old job too. My sister, in her infinite wisdom, has tried to talk to me about the inappropriateness of this, to no avail. I'm working my behind off. At work and at the gym we've joined. Caleb took swim lessons there last week. It went really well. He really loves the water now. I'm so glad. I had been trying to figure out what to do with him and Georgia when I have a beach house someday if they still didn't like the water. It wasn't looking good for them. Lots of therapy was in the future. Thankfully, the LORD took care of that.




The best thing to happen recently was that my sister and her kids came to hang out for awhile (I babysat for a couple of hours) on Friday. It was the highlight of my week.




Let's see... what else have I done?





Taken Georgia and Caleb to get well checks





Tried to find a home for Eli (anyone want a free German Shepherd?)





Gone to IKEA in Round Rock (bought bunk beds for the children)





Facebooked a lot





Had play dates with friends





Taken lots of photos





Had my friend Christy visit from Louisiana






Ok, that about catches you up!

I really am very busy, but need to blog more. I've taken some photos that I need to post. I also am hoping to go do a photoshoot with my sister's family for her sometime soon. She would really like that.





Well, like I said, you're caught up now. Please be sure to leave a comment. I love comments. Feel free to mention how good looking my nieces and nephews are. I am stunned by them. Truly.





I hope you are all having a wonderful summer.


I'm sure you'll hear from me more often now.

Read More 7 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

7 comments

  1. Grateful for Grace on July 12, 2009 at 5:26 PM

    You really are crazy busy. I hope you can slow down a bit soon.

    Wowza! You're right, my children really are stinkin' adorable. Seriously.

    Your post is so sweet. Thank you for all the kinds words. You touched my heart. I love you very much! Feel free to post similar posts any time.

    When should I schedule that photo shoot? Such a great idea!

     
  2. cajungal01 on July 12, 2009 at 8:53 PM

    DOGGIT I AM FUUUUNNNNY!
    ;0)

    love ya Sis!

     
  3. cajungal01 on July 12, 2009 at 9:00 PM

    some of my favorite parts of MY post...

    "I also am hoping to go do a photoshoot with my sister's family for her sometime soon. She would really like that."

    "I love comments. Feel free to mention how good looking my nieces and nephews are. I am stunned by them. Truly."

    "I had been trying to figure out what to do with him and Georgia when I have a beach house someday if they still didn't like the water. It wasn't looking good for them. Lots of therapy was in the future.".... THIS IS SOOOO TRUE!
    I was just hoping that my future grandchildren would be more loving of water!

    "My sister is such a wonderful hostess. It's a delight to be in her home.".... as funny as that was to read, it is TRUE! :0)

    the list of things I did before the party that I "didn't have much to do to get ready for"...HEY NOW, those are projects that had to be done anyway, parties just give me deadlines! :0)

    and my favorite of all.....


    ....


    "I'm sure you'll hear from me more often now."


    One of my best posts yet by far.

     
  4. The Pennington Point on July 12, 2009 at 9:34 PM

    This is a great post! I was wondering what happened to you! You should really tell your sister that you finally wrote something on your blog. She'd probably like to read it.

    If only your kids were as stinkin' cute as hers though. It is sad. LOL! Lisa~

     
  5. theevansfamily on July 13, 2009 at 9:03 AM

    Hysterical!!! Glad to see "you" back! lol

    And I love the pic of your youngest niece. She looks so much like your mom there!

     
  6. Heather on July 15, 2009 at 12:02 AM

    You crack me up...but seriously, you have entirely too much free time, woman, could you find something to do?...LOL!

     
  7. Dinsfamily on August 22, 2009 at 10:36 PM

    This post is so FUNNY!! Man, you really do have some cute nieces and nephews...but they WERE NOT the coolest guests at the party...pretty close, but not quite.

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ▼ 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ▼ July (6)
      • a tradition started...
      • Dadaw would be proud!
      • when it's just too hot to be outside...
      • A "normal" evening at home...
      • it's the little things...
      • Been a Bit Busy
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ► 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ▼  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ▼  July (6)
      • a tradition started...
      • Dadaw would be proud!
      • when it's just too hot to be outside...
      • A "normal" evening at home...
      • it's the little things...
      • Been a Bit Busy
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top