• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

it's the little things...

Hi! Long time no see! Where have ya' been? ;0)

Our life is wonderful and so very blessed. Although it has taken a new huge turn, one that was never expected, we are enjoying it immensely. The kids and I have a blast on a daily basis and we all are growing in physical, spiritual, or emotional ways (or all 3!).

We haven't done anything huge this past month now that trips and birthdays have passed BUT we have gotten a kick out of some little things. I'll share some of them with you...

One morning when going to load up into the van, we noticed some little baby birds on the ground. They were adorable and although their eyes weren't yet open, they seemed a pretty good size. They were obviously NOT finches (we have multiple families of finches born in our ferns each year). Since we could tell they were very young, we were concerned for their safety. I mean after all it was HOT, there was no shade where they were, and the ground brings all sorts of harmful possibilities such as ants and cats! We looked all around and although they were near a tree, we couldn't find a nest. SO, we made a nest out of: a tupperware container, an old finch nest we had kept on a bookcase, some new and fresh soil straight from the bag, and some grass. We picked up the baby birds and put them in their new "nest". Then I put it in the nearby tree. Well, soon a big ole' dove came over. She looked all over the ground, obviously thinking "Uhhh...where are my babies???" She never looked up into the tree next so her so we walked over, took the "nest" out of the tree, and laid it down. Momma came back! She seemed happy to find her babies and didn't hesitate at all to climb into the "nest" with them! It was adorable! I was still concerned over their safety there on the ground so I picked up the "nest" again (Momma bird flew off) and put it back into the tree. We waited. After a few minutes Momma came back, looked around, and finally found her babies. She climbed right back into that nest! We were thrilled! They became our new little family that we checked on often! They were there for a week until one day the babies were big enough to fly off! SOOOO CUTE! We are thankful God gave us an opportunity to help out those precious birds. :0)








































Ok, that's all for now. Hopefully I'll be back soon. This morning I woke up at 4:30 though and couldn't fall back asleep...giving me time to post! I hope to be back...under different circumstances though! :0)

(remind me to share two more of our "little things"...Georgia getting her nails painted for the first time and Bendaroos!)
(I'm thinkin' maybe I should get rid of the Easter background on here too huh?)
Read More 2 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

2 comments

  1. Grateful for Grace on July 23, 2009 at 11:58 PM

    Oh, so cute!! How fun for the kiddos and what a great city cousins nest. ;-)

     
  2. Anonymous on July 28, 2009 at 1:49 PM

    huge change? please update us!

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ▼ 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ▼ July (6)
      • a tradition started...
      • Dadaw would be proud!
      • when it's just too hot to be outside...
      • A "normal" evening at home...
      • it's the little things...
      • Been a Bit Busy
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ► 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ▼  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ▼  July (6)
      • a tradition started...
      • Dadaw would be proud!
      • when it's just too hot to be outside...
      • A "normal" evening at home...
      • it's the little things...
      • Been a Bit Busy
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top