• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

Spreadin' the love!

My boy Caleb really is a lovin' kinda' guy.
He likes to show his love.
He really does.

And so when it was Valentine's Day he decided to show the neighborhood his love and "make the neighbors happy".
(yes, it has taken me this long to post this!)

Caleb had apparently learned how to draw a heart that week at school.
I gotta' say, I must have missed that day when I was a student because his hearts are better than mine!
Anyway, he started drawing hearts and "happy people" on our sidewalk and our driveway.
Then he went to the next door neighbor's.
on both sides.
and then the next next door neighbor's.

and on it went.

for a looooooong time.

He drew pictures in front of approximately 12 houses , each one having approximately 6 or more "squares" (sidewalk sections...each one HAD to have a picture in it) in front of each house.

That adds up to a LOT of hearts and happy faces.

He had a blast.

After quite a while, I told him we needed to go inside so I could get dinner ready.
He looked at me and said "But Momma, I haven't done ALL the neighbors yet. All of them Mom, on ALL the streets. They need to be happy too."

"Ummm...well, we'll pray that they are sweetie. Right now, we need to go inside. Great job though! "

Ok, so I probably could have given him a better little speech, a more thorough one or deeper one. I just wasn't really up for it or just didn't. Either way, he accepted that.

Two days later though, he grabbed his cart full of chalk again.

This time he said

"Momma, I want to draw hearts and happy faces for the WHOLE WORLD!"

We definitely didn't have time for that.

But what a sweetie.
:0)





Read More 5 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

5 comments

  1. Grateful for Grace on March 2, 2009 at 10:00 PM

    Soooooo cute! Yeah, his hearts are better than mine too!! Way to go, Caleb!

     
  2. theevansfamily on March 3, 2009 at 7:08 AM

    That is the sweetest thing ever!

     
  3. Anonymous on March 4, 2009 at 1:16 PM

    Looks like we have a little hearbreaker in the family hon. Especially when he starts dating. He will be making all those hearts for the girls then breaking them......I hope not. Did you tell him how long it would take him to draw hearts for the whole world?????

    Your Hubby

     
  4. Anonymous on March 4, 2009 at 1:18 PM

    He's an artist babe.......did you tell him how long it would take him to draw hearts for the whole world?????

    Your Hubby

     
  5. K on March 4, 2009 at 4:05 PM

    Wow, those are some cute hearts!

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ▼ 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ▼ March (10)
      • Our Baby Girl's Hand
      • Fabulous Photos Friday
      • If I could post photos...I would!
      • I won this dress for Georgia!
      • Bathrooms revealed!
      • Works for Me Wednesday!
      • Photo Friday...just a few
      • WORK...and play!
      • photo shoot and winter fun
      • Spreadin' the love!
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ► 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ▼  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ▼  March (10)
      • Our Baby Girl's Hand
      • Fabulous Photos Friday
      • If I could post photos...I would!
      • I won this dress for Georgia!
      • Bathrooms revealed!
      • Works for Me Wednesday!
      • Photo Friday...just a few
      • WORK...and play!
      • photo shoot and winter fun
      • Spreadin' the love!
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top