• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

disappointments

I've been wanting to post this for a while now...

DISAPPOINTMENTS

Ones of the Christmas variety.

did you have any?

a few?

a lot?

We spend months thinking about, researching, asking around, and then searching for those PERFECT gifts.
The ones that our kids will just LOOOOVE.
That will make their little worlds so much happier.
They'll spend HOURS playing with and still not have enough of.

Did you do that?

Just KNOW that you had the ultimate gifts picked out?

From you.
From the grandparents.
From Aunts and Uncles, etc.

I did.

And every year I just KNOW I've done better than the year before.
I just KNOW that THIS YEAR is the year that it will be the right stuff.
(makes me want to do a funny dance)
But alas
each February I find myself thinking "hmm...they don't play with those toys! I just knew I had gotten perfect ones yet there they sit." or even worse "OK, I researched and asked around and still that toy turned out to be a piece of junk!"

SO...
I want to know.
WHAT WERE YOUR DISAPPOINTMENTS this year?
What gifts didn't hit the mark that you so carefully aimed for?
What gifts lasted just a month or two and either lost their charm, never had any charm, or quit working completely?

Here are a few of ours:
~Dora dress up doll (I spent WEEKS searching and bidding on ebay) with a bunch of outfits...I don't think she's played with it since the day she got it.
~AMAZING pettiskirt (I knew this one could go either way)...hasn't worn it except for 10 seconds after opening it.
~swimming puppy and swimming baby doll!...now these held their attention and they loved them...BUT BOTH HAVE STOPPED WORKING! (and yes, I have replaced batteries on both twice already)
~Hot Wheels tracks... Caleb BEGGED for these. He still just plays with the cars all the time but doesn't take the time to make/put together tracks. Appears the driveway is the best ramp around.

Still have hope for:
~Playmobil farm. Georgia SOMETIMES plays with this. Not nearly as much as we had hoped but I think she will as she gets older (I hope!)
~K'Nex for Caleb. The older ones... he can NOT make what the pics show but he SOMETIMES gets these out and makes shapes and "car"...maybe twice a month. Again, hopefully more as he gets older.

So tell me yours and maybe we can help each other for future purchases
(and we'll share the ones that did hit the mark too!)
:0)
~robin
Read More 4 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

4 comments

  1. Grateful for Grace on February 21, 2009 at 8:34 PM

    Umm ... I'll have to think about it. Off the top of my head, HB's knitting stuff. And Chloe's craft stuff, but both of those are my fault. I haven't helped them use it. Guess it helps that we didn't give them much. ;-)

     
  2. Grateful for Grace on February 21, 2009 at 8:36 PM

    BTW, I'm glad you've finally posted!! ;-)

     
  3. Heather on March 1, 2009 at 9:36 PM

    Hey...go to www.thecutestblogontheblock.com and then go under Blog Secrets and then I think there is a "create your own background" or something similar to that. I just used my PSElements and followed the directions...took me a bit to get it work, played w/it for a couple of hours, but it's fun to get your own stuff on there.

     
  4. Amuzing Grace on March 3, 2009 at 11:04 PM

    We also have the dress-up Dora...and the interest is just not there any more. We had this STUPID idea to get a cup-cake maker because the girls just 'had to have on'...it was the only thing they repeated over and over...so we thought it might be neat. HA! I had to do most of the work, it made a huge mess, and took about 40 minutes to make 2 cupcakes. It is hidden on a shelf now and much easier to take 10 minutes to mix a batch of cupcakes and pop 24 of them in the oven!

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ▼ 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ▼ February (4)
      • disappointments
      • haircuts
      • As I promised...
      • robin's ramblings...
    • ► January (6)
  • ► 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ▼  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ▼  February (4)
      • disappointments
      • haircuts
      • As I promised...
      • robin's ramblings...
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top