• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

Bathrooms revealed!

Ok, I am FINALLY ready to post the before and AFTER photos of my bathrooms!
I started working on the bathrooms over the Thanksgiving break. I (umm...really it was my fantastic MIL and hubs) painted the master bathroom. They did the walls, I came back later and sanded and painted the cabinets, put in the hardware. Then over the Christmas break my Pops came and installed the new faucets, I hung up all of the new stuff/decor for the walls. :0)
Then sometime in Feb. I painted the guest bathroom and finally over our spring break last week, I did the cabinets in there!

ALL FINISHED!
I can't get over the transformation!

Neither of my bathrooms really had a look or style at all. Just a hodge-podge of stuff. NOW, they look classy and...well, fabulous (IMO of course!)

I'll break down the costs as best as I can because I still sit back in joyful shock over how very much can be done for such a little cost (at least for me!)

Master bathroom:
Paint (my MIL bought the paint and supplies..:0))
cabinet paint ($24...I think..at the most)
new rugs ($24 and $14)
new stuff for the walls (this is hard for me to remember because I got them all at Hobby Lobby 50% off over a YEAR AGO!...I knew one day I would want the fleur de'lis in my bathroom...so maybe....$80) Some of the stuff I've had forever and spray painted black....like the basket over the door that has fake greenery in it.
hardware for cabinets ($15)
So for ME....around $145!


when I took this photo I thought we were only going to paint the walls so I didn't care about getting a shot with the cabinets in it

then I came back and took this shot. It's after the walls had been painted but before the cabinets.


This just does NOT do the bathroom justice. The walls are a tan/brown "paperbag" and the one wall (reflected in the mirror) is a deep red. :0)

this was just a fun shot to show where the two colors meet and my nifty fake plant holder.


Guest bathroom:
Paint ($14....just the green wall paint, I had plenty of cabinet paint and supplies)
shower curtain and new decorative towel ($40 BUT I used a Christmas gift card for that)
hardware for cabinets ($15)
all of the decorations came from other places in my home. :0)
So for ME....$29!

I JUST LOOOOOVE them! I want to live in my bathrooms. They are the ONLY rooms in my house completely finished and I can't wait to do more now! :0)

















Read More 9 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

9 comments

  1. Grateful for Grace on March 19, 2009 at 8:27 AM

    Wow, Sis! It really is amazing. You are awesome! Way to go.
    Looks sooo pretty.

     
  2. Anonymous on March 19, 2009 at 9:58 AM

    *I* want to live in your bathrooms!

    They look fantastic!

    Miss ya, Robin!

    (K)

     
  3. theevansfamily on March 19, 2009 at 11:18 AM

    They look AMAZING!! Seriously, would you come do mine?

     
  4. Grateful for Grace on March 19, 2009 at 10:04 PM

    P.S.
    I like the new look of the blog!

    P.P.S.
    You do remember that this house needs work, right? Your talent should not go wasted. ;-)

     
  5. Heather on March 22, 2009 at 9:41 AM

    awesome job!! I know you are so excited! I remember i wanted to sleep in the guest/James's bath when we re-did it, too funny! I can't wait to do our master bath, but sadly, it's low on the priority list right now.

     
  6. Heather on March 22, 2009 at 9:43 AM

    Awesome job! I know you are excited. I remember when we finally re-did the guest/James's bath, I wanted to sleep in it, too funny. Now if I can only get the master done...sadly it's way down on the priority list!

     
  7. flowerpot on March 23, 2009 at 1:56 PM

    Oh my. That is a beautiful transformation! You have sold me on the black cabinets!

     
  8. flowerpot on March 23, 2009 at 2:07 PM

    I tried to comment a few minutes ago ... sorry if I double up, but I have to tell you how beautiful your bathrooms are. Really. The black cabinets are stunning!

     
  9. Sara on April 11, 2009 at 12:17 AM

    Just stopping by and catching up on your goings on... GFG mentioned the cabinets awhile back... My bath and kitchen cabinets are on my "to do" so I thought I'd check yours out - Very nice!!

    Maybe I'll holler when I start mine :0)

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ▼ 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ▼ March (10)
      • Our Baby Girl's Hand
      • Fabulous Photos Friday
      • If I could post photos...I would!
      • I won this dress for Georgia!
      • Bathrooms revealed!
      • Works for Me Wednesday!
      • Photo Friday...just a few
      • WORK...and play!
      • photo shoot and winter fun
      • Spreadin' the love!
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ► 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ▼  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ▼  March (10)
      • Our Baby Girl's Hand
      • Fabulous Photos Friday
      • If I could post photos...I would!
      • I won this dress for Georgia!
      • Bathrooms revealed!
      • Works for Me Wednesday!
      • Photo Friday...just a few
      • WORK...and play!
      • photo shoot and winter fun
      • Spreadin' the love!
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top