I've been the lucky recipient of a few of these in my days.
An unexpected card in the mail.
A surprise gift from a friend just for fun.
Someone going out of their way for you.
Someone picking up something you dropped.
RAOKs can come in many forms.
I received one today that was really neat.
Made me smile for a long time and still does.
What was so neat...it was from a complete stranger.
The stranger didn't do it for appreciation...she didn't even wait around for a "thank you".
The kids and I went to McD's today after school.
I hadn't had anything to eat all day (I never eat breakfast and often forget to take lunch with me) and I was gonna get the kids a snack.
More importantly than food...I was in some serious need for a large sweet tea.
I was in a hurry because I had a short amount of time before I had to be back home and traffic was heavier than I imagined it would be.
SO...when I saw an SUV enter the parking lot where it also hits the drive thru line, I wasn't real hip about letting someone cut in front of me.
BUT the lady who pulled up looked like she was in a bigger hurry than me
.
At first I thought she was just motioning to me that she was going to go to the drive thru and I was thinking "Yeah, me too."
She continued to make pointing gestures.
After a few I waved her in...
To be nice but also sort of out of shock from her persistence when I realized she was pointing in hopes of me letting her cut into line.
"Heck, why not...go ahead." I thought.
I waved her in and smiled.
She waved frantically and was very happy.
I proceeded through, made my order.
As I went to pay the guy said "I didn't charge you for your large sweet tea." "The lady in front of you already paid for it."
WHAT?
REALLY?
"Yep, she said thanks for letting her go in front of you."
How cool is that?
A stranger bought me a large sweet tea.
THAT is a perfect RAOK.
It made my day
Probably more than one day
It is so nice to know that there are really sweet people out there.
Not just the people we already know and love.
Strangers who are nice enough to do something because they are just THAT nice!
Awesome.
I'm gonna have to do that for someone some time. It was such a fabulous surprise!
:0)

How awesome is that? That really was kind. Yea, her!!
Wow, what a way to make a stranger's day. I might have to try that! So glad you were the receipant of such a great gift!
Wanna scrapbook soon? I'm in SERIOUS need of some help!!
WOW and the fact that she knew you wanted a SWEET TEA is even more amazing. I mean I'm sure she said to pay for whatever drink you got. But how cool is Jesus to show himself in that way and remind us of who really was and he wants us to behave. What a blessing that kind SUV lady is.
another great story (not really mine though) a friend of mine and I were at Mcd's (popluar place for us mom folk) and we saw what we thought was a homeless mom and her daughter that were there sharing a small sandwhich and trying to keep out of th rain. My friend (great lady) went and bought her a $10 gift card that the manager brought to the lady on there way out. I thought, MAN I wish I'd thought of that...but just glad that I got to see it so I can remember to be more like Jesus!!!