Then in the car I found Georgia's lunch box...and it's VERY foul leakage that had spread onto the floor of the van a bit (yes, I did notice a bit of a smell over the weekend but only a bit and well... the state of my van wasn't pretty...obviously).
It appeared that Georgia's thermos had leaked and had NOT contained just water.
VERY nasty.
Very nasty lunch box.
I just took it and the thermos, carried them to the top of the driveway at the garage door and just left them there to be dealt with when we got home later.
So...no cup for Georgia.
I then looked for Caleb's but couldn't find it..so no cup for Caleb.
Worked for me!
They'd be fine with just water from their teachers.
No problem.
THEN...
fast forward to about 12:45 that afternoon.
Caleb's teacher came by my classroom.
teacher: "I have the FUNNIEST story to tell you!"
my eyebrows furrowed a bit and I slightly bit my bottom lip.
I curiously walked over to her.
teacher: "REALLY. It really was funny."
I grew ever more curious yet worried.
t: "Well, during lunch today Caleb took out his SpeedRacer cup. When he popped the top, it just sort of exploded everywhere! It truly shot out the length of three tables!"
me: "His what?..... Oh no."
t: "Yeah, it just sort of rained down on everyone. (with hands gesturing like rain) I'm guessing it must have been left in your car for a few days and I guess the pressure built up in it.....I promise though, the kids weren't upset or anything. Caleb was at first, it was ALL OVER his face. All the other kids thought it was great though! As a matter of fact the other kids said "Do it again!"
me: "ummmm....WHAT was it???"
t: "I think it had been a purple grape juice maybe?"
me: VERY embarrassed at this point "OH! So I sent wine with him? GREAT! Oh my, I am so sorry! That must have STUNK!"
t: "YEAH. It was pretty stinky. Thing was, I didn't even notice that it was spoiled. So I calmed them all down, truly, they thought it was great, and told Caleb 'Ok, that's enough. Just drink your juice.' So he took a sip and then made horrible sounds and ran to the trash can."
me: "Oh gross! I don't even know where he got the cup. I couldn't find it this morning. I am SO sorry!"
t: "I promise, it wasn't a big deal. It really was funny."
me: "Yeah..... yeah...... Glad I could bring some laughter today. Truly I was just trying to sneak you some wine." ;0)
yep, I am THAT mom.
aren't you SO jealous?

Oh, man!! That is one of the funniest stories ever. Wine in the Pre-K class. Whoo-hoo!!
You might want to apply for THAT family. :-)
Good stuff, sis!!