• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

So...walking pneumonia it is...

Ok, so Caleb did NOT run a fever yesterday or last night. We thought "alright, he's getting better!". Then this morning he came into my room and said "Momma, LISTEN!" and he took a breath. He inhaled, exhaled, and then you hear this crinkly sound. Don't know really how to describe it. I jumped up and said "DO THAT AGAIN?!" He did, with the same results. I asked if it was his nose and he said "No, it's in my throat." He did it a total of about 6 times. I did NOT like the sound of it. I immediately grabbed him and stuck my ear to his chest, telling him to BREATHE! I couldn't hear much. So, waited a while (until offices opened) and made appts. for both him and Georgia. Georgia was the one who seemed really sick by now. Fever of 102 yesterday, continuing into the night. Coughing at night..the works.
So, took GAb to her appt. this morning~she was fine and on the mends. Took Caleb to his appt (different office) and she listened to me explain and said "Hmm...we don't want sounds like that. Let me listen to him..... Oh..yeah, his lungs sound HORRIBLE." So it's atypical pneumonia~ he gets breathing treatments every 4-6 hours and some antibiotics. Next was Georgia. Her lungs sound good but her cough sounds bad and she has an ear infection. So antibiotics for her and the dr said if her cough starts to sound worse, or like Caleb's...then she can get the same breathing treatments.
Fun. Fun. Fun.
Makes me want to bang my head against the wall. For a week we've been doing all we can. Humidifier. Elevated ends of the bed. Vicks (on chest and feet). Honey. Meds meds meds. Alas, none of it made much of a difference.
You'd never know Caleb is sick. He's acting perfectly fine. Georgia is the one looking sad and puny. Poor thing.

So...continued prayers for recovery.

For those loving the bows...she makes all sorts of different ones and they are FABULOUS! The ones on here are both a bit different, the orange one having a bigger bow behind it. They both have these really neat flowers with sequins. She makes custom flip flops too that have the same bow and flower. She can even do the fabric covered buttons with a monogrammed letter on it for the center of the bows for hair bows or the shoes. They are all sooooo cute! She doesn't have a website but I CAN take orders for her. :0) The prices range from $8-$12. The hair bows are $8 and headbands $10. The shoes are $12. I THINK that's right....I could always find out. :0)

:0)

Read More 3 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

3 comments

  1. Dawn @ simply transparent on April 25, 2008 at 11:57 PM

    Live and Learn...this part of parenting is also my least favorite!

    I'm glad you recieved help through the Dr.s!

    Blessings for soon to be well rested and healed family~ Dawn :0)

     
  2. theevansfamily on April 26, 2008 at 8:57 AM

    Oh my friend. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Prayers for a speedy recovery and some grown-up time SOON!

     
  3. Grateful for Grace on April 26, 2008 at 3:33 PM

    Praying for healing and rest for the mama!! I miss you. I hope you are all well soon.
    Please don't bang your head aqainst the wall. It hurts. Don't ask how I know.

    mucho hugs,

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ▼ 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ▼ April (8)
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • So...walking pneumonia it is...
      • Two Days Early!
      • I'm tired and grumpy and my house is a mess!
      • The new room!
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • Ok, it's not Wednesday...but here are a few photos...
      • So...all is well...as we wait
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ▼  April (8)
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • So...walking pneumonia it is...
      • Two Days Early!
      • I'm tired and grumpy and my house is a mess!
      • The new room!
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • Ok, it's not Wednesday...but here are a few photos...
      • So...all is well...as we wait
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top