• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

I'm tired and grumpy and my house is a mess!

Ok...so the title says a lot. Caleb has a HORRIBLE cough and it's annoying me probably more than him. Neither of us got any sleep. I know he needs a nap (well...we both do) but he won't stay in bed. I lay down with him to keep him in bed and HE JUST WON'T STOP COUGHING!!! UGGGHHH! It's driving me crazy. It's not a nasty, wet kinda cough. It's a deep, seal sorta' cough. The kind I used to get a lot. I have no idea really how to treat it other than cough med (which seems to be doing NOTHING). So, no sleep, he kept Georgia up so she is pretty grumpy today...although napping. And my house is a mess..that sorta' not dirty but super cluttered mess that I should be picking up but just don't feel like it kinda' mess. I'll do it in a bit. I really will. I at least know (and can keep telling myself) that once I start it will only take MAYBE an hour at the most. Then I'll be able to breathe easier. If Caleb could stop coughing, we would all breathe easier. This week is Fiesta week here in San Antonio too and although that has meant nothing to us the past 2 years, this year since Caleb is in PreK it means A LITTLE more. They have a huge Fiesta celebration on Thursday. Problem is..will Caleb be well by then? He of course does not want to miss the party (nor do I want him to miss school the next two days ;0) and we were all planning on having a lot of fun. Even decorating his tricycle for the trike race! Bummer. Hope he is well by then. I hate not knowing how to make him feel better.

ok..I'll go pick up now. Maybe I just needed to vent a little. Maybe not. We'll see.
~robin
Read More 7 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

7 comments

  1. Grateful for Grace on April 23, 2008 at 9:07 AM

    So, did the venting help?
    Here's what I think: today your dh is off and I think YOU need some time off! You had my sweet girl for quite awhile and didn't take any time to yourself. I think today is the day. THEN take Caleb to the dr. Hopefully, the dr will have some HELPFUL info.
    I love you!!

     
  2. Unknown on April 23, 2008 at 10:04 AM

    We are praying!!

     
  3. Dawn @ simply transparent on April 23, 2008 at 10:50 AM

    I liked using the homeopathic honey syrup that is natural and helps to sooth even stop those "dry" coughing spells..yes I know those kind.

    Hope all is better today!

    Dawn ;0)

     
  4. Anonymous on April 23, 2008 at 5:03 PM

    Could it be croup? If it sounds dry and happens mostly when you're trying to sleep, would steam treatments help it at all? Sorry . . . Maybe I'm overreacting, but I hear seal and think croup, which my kids get every time they get sick and we always end up on the neb. Ugh--I hope you get some answers, chica. Keep us posted!

     
  5. theevansfamily on April 23, 2008 at 9:04 PM

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  6. theevansfamily on April 23, 2008 at 9:04 PM

    Things any better today? I REALLY enjoyed our chat last night. Thank you!

     
  7. Chelsea on April 24, 2008 at 4:11 PM

    My little man feeling better yet?

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ▼ 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ▼ April (8)
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • So...walking pneumonia it is...
      • Two Days Early!
      • I'm tired and grumpy and my house is a mess!
      • The new room!
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • Ok, it's not Wednesday...but here are a few photos...
      • So...all is well...as we wait
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ▼  April (8)
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • So...walking pneumonia it is...
      • Two Days Early!
      • I'm tired and grumpy and my house is a mess!
      • The new room!
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • Ok, it's not Wednesday...but here are a few photos...
      • So...all is well...as we wait
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top