• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

The new room!

A while back I took on the job of rearranging pretty much our entire house. I decided that I wanted the kids to share a room. Why you ask? I talked to a lot of people and it confirmed my thoughts that kids' relationships can grow when they share a closer space. Why not then!? I know that EVENTUALLY our kids won't be able to share a room, when they are older....so why not do it now while we could. So I approached my hubby about it and much to my surprise, he agreed! First thing first...the "girlie room" that was Georgia's was going to be the room that they would be sharing and we can't have it be girlie...so I had to come up with a theme. Here is a photo of the room as it was...well, as the walls and border were....

So once I decided on a theme from a border I picked, I spent a lot of time trying to decide a color for the walls. I decided that if the border came down easily then I would do TWO colors and put the new border at "chair rail height". If the border didn't come down easily, the new border would cover up the mess. Much to my surprise, the border came down SUPER easily, with no problems. Took me only a couple of hours.
Next was the primer. This actually took two coats to cover up the bright yellow but it wasn't too bad. For this job though a friend of mine wonderfully took the kids for the day so I could get it done all in one day! YEA!
Now was the fun part...the colors! This I did a little at a time. The top color that was some sort of "wheat" color, only needed one coat. The bottom dark brown though, required two. After the painting, we waited a LOOOONG time to do the border. My hubby and I had never put a border up before (my MIL had done the last one for us) so we were a little intimidated by the idea, especially with it not being up against the ceiling. BUT we finally went for it and it wasn't bad at all! We even got the entire border to wrap around, matching up PERFECTLY! It was shocking! (there are a few little areas between doors, closets, etc which we thought would make it a bit trickier). Anyway, I LOVE it! It looks great and I love the colors that are in it that we can bring out with decorating. So far I'm bringing out the red, blue, and some green.

I thought I was going to wait and post this photos when I was completely finished with the room...as in decorating, putting up shelves, etc. Right now the walls are bare. BUT I decided not to wait. With as long as it took me to do this much, who knows when I'll finish AND post!
:0)

Oh, as far as the rest of the house, Caleb's old room has been remade into a guest room with my computer desk and such. Our bedroom has been COMPLETELY rearranged with different furniture (ones we bought last summer for Georgia to use but ...well...it's too nice!). And the playroom was rearranged when we took out the twin bed for Caleb to now use! Lots of changes...and the only new purchases were the border and paints! :0) FUN FUN FUN!
Read More 6 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

6 comments

  1. Dawn @ simply transparent on April 14, 2008 at 7:16 AM

    Nice!
    Come do mine next!

    BTW~ You've been tagged!

    Come to my blog to see w/what!

    Dawn :0)

     
  2. Grateful for Grace on April 14, 2008 at 9:00 AM

    Such a good job, sis! You should post pics of *your* room, too. Everything looks great!!
    Help me remember those two things for the kiddos room.

    love ya TONS!

     
  3. Unknown on April 14, 2008 at 5:17 PM

    oh my goodness, I love it. I've been trying to think of a theme for my boys room and I may steal your animal theme. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

     
  4. Chelsea on April 14, 2008 at 8:35 PM

    My room!!! I am going to miss my blindingly bright in the morning yellow walls and bumble bee border. So sad to see it go. :D

     
  5. Chelsea on April 17, 2008 at 4:13 PM

    umm... its Thursday. That means yesterday was Wednesday. Just sayin' thats all :)

     
  6. Anonymous on April 22, 2008 at 11:59 AM

    Really cute! I think the kids will both absolutely love it!

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ▼ 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ▼ April (8)
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • So...walking pneumonia it is...
      • Two Days Early!
      • I'm tired and grumpy and my house is a mess!
      • The new room!
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • Ok, it's not Wednesday...but here are a few photos...
      • So...all is well...as we wait
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ▼  April (8)
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • So...walking pneumonia it is...
      • Two Days Early!
      • I'm tired and grumpy and my house is a mess!
      • The new room!
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • Ok, it's not Wednesday...but here are a few photos...
      • So...all is well...as we wait
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top