• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

Remembered and celebrated!

So today was our day to celebrate and remember my fabulous Mom.
And we did.
It was wonderful!
We shopped and walked
walked and shopped.

Chico's was my mom's favorite store so we headed there.
My Sis and I both got something. (I got a super cute sweater coat and a nice red top)
then the mission was SHOES.

Man, that was tough!
I am NOT a shoe gal...when your best size is around
a girl's 3...it's hard to find shoes.
SOME 5s fit but not most, or they fit good enough and I wear them anyway... couldn't find any of those.
Seemed like the shoe mission was going to be unattainable.
BUT then at Macy's, in the kids department, we found the furry Crocs HALF OFF!
I got another pair and PapaLou bought pairs for both my kiddos for next year.
YEA!
Then when the stores closed at 6 we headed to a neat
little restaurant.
I finished off "My Mom Day" with more thoughts of her and enjoyed a margarita in her honor (it's one of her favorite drinks and mine too!...we didn't have the shoe obsession in common but we both love(d) margaritas!)

So...

I bought something at Chico's
I got a pair of shoes
AND
I had a margarita!

The best part...doing all of it with my Sis and PapaLou.
I don't know that we have ever spent time like that with just the three of us, it really was very special.

I look forward to it in years to come (although I'm not sure PapaLou wants to do that much walking and shopping again!)

perfect day and one that my mom would have enjoyed immensely.
YEA!
Read More 3 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

3 comments

  1. Heather on January 25, 2009 at 10:45 PM

    Awesome! I'm so glad you guys were able to celebrate your mom is such perfect fashion :) I bought a pair of shoes today in honor too, not furry, but funky :)

     
  2. Grateful for Grace on January 25, 2009 at 10:55 PM

    I loved it too!!!

    I love you more.

    It really was a very special day.

     
  3. Unknown on January 26, 2009 at 12:34 PM

    I am so glad you could honor her in that way. doig htings she loved! And I love the crocs!

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ▼ 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ▼ January (6)
      • Remembered and celebrated!
      • My Sis's FABULOUS idea that I would love to see pe...
      • How CUTE are these?
      • TONIGHT BABY!
      • My BIG boy!
      • Are YOU ready?
  • ► 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ▼  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ▼  January (6)
      • Remembered and celebrated!
      • My Sis's FABULOUS idea that I would love to see pe...
      • How CUTE are these?
      • TONIGHT BABY!
      • My BIG boy!
      • Are YOU ready?
  • ►  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top