• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

Happy Birthday Mom

Today is my Mom's birthday.
Nope, she's not here for me to call and sing Happy Birthday to.
I can't meet her for dinner to give her a huge hug and gift.
September 24th has become that day on the calendar that is a memory.
If I mark it on my calendar I wonder "do people find that really odd?"
It's the only day out of the year that was just for her.

I miss her terribly.
She was one of my best friends.
She was my rock.
She was the reason that I KNEW no matter what, I would never be alone.
If all else failed me, she never would.
She NEVER had.

She still hasn't.

But it sure will be a long time before I can hug her again.
Before I can lay across her lap and have her scratch my back.

I miss her terribly.

check out my Sis's blog for a great post of my mom .... with photos! :0)
Read More 4 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

4 comments

  1. Unknown on September 24, 2008 at 9:06 AM

    Thinking about you today. She will never be forgotten.

     
  2. Grateful for Grace on September 24, 2008 at 9:34 AM

    I miss her too.
    It's a weird day.
    Man, having her scratch my back sure would be nice today. Sigh.

    She was a good mom.

    I'll be praying for you today, Sis!

    I love you tons!!!

     
  3. theevansfamily on September 24, 2008 at 2:46 PM

    Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you today. And listening to "Honkey Tonk Badonkadonk" in her honor. :o)

     
  4. K on September 24, 2008 at 6:22 PM

    Isn't it good to know, you will hug her again? I'm praying for you today . . . and your sis, GfG.

    And calling my mom.

    Praise God for His grace, and for the knowledge that separation and mourning are temporary . . . Love ya, Robin . . .

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ▼ 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ▼ September (6)
      • can't say enough
      • An AMAZING day
      • First closet, now pantry!
      • Happy Birthday Mom
      • Photos to catch you up
      • Our Trip to the Beach
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ▼  September (6)
      • can't say enough
      • An AMAZING day
      • First closet, now pantry!
      • Happy Birthday Mom
      • Photos to catch you up
      • Our Trip to the Beach
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top