• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

First closet, now pantry!

I did it!

I SERIOUSLY cleaned out my pantry.
I cleaned it.
I organized it.
I even bought AND labeled baskets for it! (glad Michael's is currently having a 50% off of baskets..at already good prices..they were CHEAP!)
I wish I had before photos. At the time I was NOT interested in taking any. It was a HUGE mess.
Seriously.
Things were SHOVED in there. Right side up. Sideways. However I could get the boxes in there. Things started out in designated places...veggies here, cereals there, side dishes here...but it didn't stay that way. Not even close.
See, we have a LITTLE pantry. For all of you with huge walk in pantries, just imagine. Mine is smaller than any closet in my house.
ANY closet. Ok...well, maybe it's the size of my small hall linen closet.
It's TINY.

It was really bad.
I couldn't find anything.
I didn't know what I had or what I didn't have.
I had boxes that were even empty but I didn't know it.

Even the floor was FULL of stuff. It was at least one layer deep, if not two.
The actual floor itself was disgustingly filthy. YUCK!

Now that I have to use my pantry more often and more quickly (making lunches for all of us in the morning before school), I knew I needed to figure out the mess and fix it.

I did!
I couldn't be happier.
It's beautiful!



This top shelf is for breakfast items, party goods, and the cookies. The basket is labeled "party". Filled with all of those extra cups, plates, and even a gallon ziplock with all of the extra variously colored napkins! Cookies are up there so little hands can't reach them. :0)

Second shelf is for prepacked sides, soups, canned goods. (Syrup is already out of place I see!) First basket is labeled "sides". Second basket is labeled "bags" and has all of my ziplock bags so I can grab it easily in the morning while packing lunches. Canned veggies and canned fruits.

Third shelf is containers of rice and pasta. First basket is "spices" and it's all my envelopes of stuff (they were always falling through the cracks of the shelves before and I found most of them on the floor!) Second basket is the most important (and therefore biggest), it's "snacks". All of these snacks took up an entire shelf before! Seriously, boxes that had 2 things in them yet took up so much room. This basket is all sorts of snacks for school snacks and lunches. I LOOOOVE it! Then hot school foods. Then the last basket is "baking".

Bottom shelf is all of my extras (when you buy at Costco you always have the extras for later) and my snacks (kids don't care about my tomato and basil wheat thins) :0)


TADAAAA!


the floor has room waiting for my other trashcan I'm buying for recycling. The bin I was using just isn't big enough...

adorable huh?
I really love my pantry.
And I truly think it will last because IT WORKS! It's made life so much easier. (shopping too!)

:0)

Ok..here are a few other photos that I just wanted to share.
It's Georgia and Caleb's latest favorite way to watch tv when relaxing after school.
:0)


later friends!
:0)
Read More 1 Comment | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

1 Comment

  1. Grateful for Grace on September 27, 2008 at 11:08 PM

    That is probably the cutest pantry ever!!! Awesome job, Sis!

    The kids with Eli, funny!!

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ▼ 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ▼ September (6)
      • can't say enough
      • An AMAZING day
      • First closet, now pantry!
      • Happy Birthday Mom
      • Photos to catch you up
      • Our Trip to the Beach
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ▼  September (6)
      • can't say enough
      • An AMAZING day
      • First closet, now pantry!
      • Happy Birthday Mom
      • Photos to catch you up
      • Our Trip to the Beach
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top