• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

New Haircut

My mind wanders back to a couple of years ago. I entered a children's hair salon with high hopes. They had styling stations with cars as the chairs, tvs mounted at each station where children could pick out their own movie, they even had fun little hair drapes to put on the kids. I just KNEW Caleb would do a great job and allow the stylist to do her magic. An hour later, 10 gray hairs later, and absolutely no nerves left...we exited that salon and I swore to never return.
Caleb and I haven't. I know buzz his hair myself, releasing us from having to step foot into a hair salon.

Now there is Georgia though. We've had her hair cut once before but it was definitely a "do-what you-can-in-the-time-she-allows-you" sort of hair cut. A few days ago I got in my mind that I wanted her to get a real hair cut. A style even. I wanted it stacked and in my mind it would swoosh down to the front, framing her face, and lay perfect. So off we set. I thought out the pros and cons of going to a quick and cheap salon versus the expensive salon. The expensive salon would guarantee me a great cut right? On the other hand, it's a hair cut for a 2 year old and I can't really rationalize spending $20 on it. SURELY the cheap salon could still give a good cut.
I went back and forth...literally even...between some fancy looking salon and the Fantastic Sams next door. We decided on Fantastic Sams. For $8.95 I decided to say a prayer and hope for the best.
Much to my delight...it went really well. Georgia wasn't thrilled and she did a good bit of screaming. BUT since I had opted for the cheaper salon, I wasn't overly concerned with the screaming or bothering other customers..and well..there weren't any other customers there! So, I held her head down while the lady cut the perfect stack in the back. Georgia actually did the opposite of what Caleb would have done..she started to get calmer. The stylist finished the cut.. or so she thought. I didn't like the "swoosh" though..Georgia's hair does a natural sort of wave and flip thing that I don't like. So I had her cut some more off the front.
In the end...we were all happy. It turned out pretty cute. I LOVE Georgia's hair short. It made me think of my Mom too because she always, ALWAYS, loved our hair short (and continued to beg me to cut my short for 35 years) and I KNOW she would love Georgia's new haircut too.

Success!
Without new gray hairs.
Without frazzled nerves.
Without having to resort to buzzing Georgia' hair for now on.
:0)


Read More 4 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

4 comments

  1. Unknown on May 26, 2008 at 2:47 PM

    awww I Love It!!!

     
  2. theevansfamily on May 26, 2008 at 4:36 PM

    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOO Adorable!

     
  3. Grateful for Grace on May 26, 2008 at 4:44 PM

    Oh, sis! She looks absolutely adorable! Those pics are sooooo charming!
    Yea!

     
  4. Dawn @ simply transparent on May 26, 2008 at 9:55 PM

    You know I'm just giggling over here at your expense...I "formally hair dresser" would dread IT as much at the parent of the said children...LOL!
    I even remember your very own sis coming into my salon and like yourself...wanting only the best and quickest cutest thing ever!

    LOL~ you sounded so like her!
    And I'm so glad for G and her stylist that you are HAPPY cause she's a classified "Cutty-bu-tooty!"

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ▼ 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ▼ May (10)
      • Reason #2 to love the summer
      • New Haircut
      • Reason #1 to love the summer
      • Caleb's PreK Graduation...practice?
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • the tree is starting to bear fruit
      • Simply the Best
      • Narrowing it down is tough...
      • We're back!
      • And we're off...
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ▼  May (10)
      • Reason #2 to love the summer
      • New Haircut
      • Reason #1 to love the summer
      • Caleb's PreK Graduation...practice?
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • the tree is starting to bear fruit
      • Simply the Best
      • Narrowing it down is tough...
      • We're back!
      • And we're off...
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top