• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

Glass Etching cream...

I was so excited to do this project! I made a really simple frame in February but it didn't turn out great. I was ready to give etching another chance.
I grabbed some contact paper I already had on hand and a jar I already had as well (I bought a few the last time I went to Ikea) :0) I wanted to make something special for Caleb's teacher.
Here it is!
I used my Silhouette SD and cut out the name of the school and the paw print. Then I put the contact paper on the jar. It was a bit tricky...curved items aren't nearly as easy as something flat. I actually made two of these..the first one turned out OK but had quite a few little places where I didn't work hard enough to get the creases out. There is NO WAY you're going to get the contact paper completely flat but the goal is to get out as many creases/folds as you can that are connected to an open area.
(this photo is taken before I finished working on it...you have to get out more folds than that and don't forget to put little pieces back in...like inside the "e" I just forgot to take another photo later)
Then paint on LOTS of the etching cream.
let it sit for 5 minutes
Scrape the cream back into the bottle (just with my sponge brush..most of it...I didn't try to get all of it, just some...the cream isn't cheap!)
Rub off all the cream under regular running tap water.
When it's all off, peel off the contact paper.
Clean it with glass cleaner.
***the first time I did this I didn't think it had worked! I thought I was rubbing it all off!...until it dried and then I saw it! hee hee hee***

Voila!

I made the jar and two little glasses for "pens" and "pencils". I added a bit of ribbon, then filled them all (forgot to take pictures of the glasses filled). the jar was filled with cookies made especially for her with her favorite candy, the glasses with...well...pens and pencils!

**the glasses were adorable square glasses, they were a nice size, and SUPER thick/heavy..yet they came from the DOLLAR STORE!!!! YEA!

:0)
Read More 1 Comment | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

1 Comment

  1. Grateful for Grace on June 18, 2011 at 8:59 AM

    Super duper! What a brilliant idea to find etching cream. Who gave you such an idea? ;)

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ▼ 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ▼ June (7)
      • So my "baby" isn't a baby anymore...
      • Challenge them....
      • A summer must have...and I promise you can make it!
      • MY Best Buy!
      • to encourage and to limit!
      • Tie Dye in a jar!
      • Glass Etching cream...
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ► 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ▼  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ▼  June (7)
      • So my "baby" isn't a baby anymore...
      • Challenge them....
      • A summer must have...and I promise you can make it!
      • MY Best Buy!
      • to encourage and to limit!
      • Tie Dye in a jar!
      • Glass Etching cream...
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top