• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

Works for me!

Ok, so I meant to post this on a Wednesday but am just getting around to it.

I have done something lately that I came up with all on my own
(that's not saying that other moms haven't been doing it all along)
and it WORKS!

We go out to eat fairly often.

Not fancy places.
Not daily.

BUT often enough that sometimes it goes well and sometimes not.

We tend to always pick places that has things for the kiddos to do, play on, climb on, etc. just to keep them entertained.
NOW
I have a better idea.

My kids are LOVIN' Uno right now. Yes, Uno. The card game (thank you very much CBC Summer Adventures folks!). They are also new fans of Battle/War card game (thank you Taira). SO, I decided to put the cards into ziplock bags (those boxes never last) and take them with us when going to a restaurant... usually it's Uno because Battle/War lasts too long.
It is AWESOME!



They are actually so entertained that they are a bit upset when the food gets there!
Everyone has had fun.
Healthy, family fun, while waiting for the food.
It's perfect!

another option (that I tried this past week) was some cute little pattern manipulatives. I ordered them from Scholastic and they loved them! When they had finished all of the pattern cards they loved just playing with the cute little figures. Some examples are Bear Counters, Doggie Counters, etc. I got Halloween ones with cute bats, spiders, and ghosts WITH the laminated pattern cards for only $9. I am ordering a Christmas set too. They are GREAT!

YEA!
:0)
Read More 2 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

2 comments

  1. Danielle on October 29, 2009 at 12:35 AM

    Robin, thanks for commenting and encouraging me so often. I love your words to me! I miss seeing you my friend!

     
  2. Grateful for Grace on October 29, 2009 at 11:59 AM

    Great idea, Sis!

    You should repost this and link it up on WFMW!!

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ▼ 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ▼ October (5)
      • Works for me!
      • Not sure why...
      • The stick makes it even better
      • Watching them...
      • Daily things...
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ► 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ▼  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ▼  October (5)
      • Works for me!
      • Not sure why...
      • The stick makes it even better
      • Watching them...
      • Daily things...
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top