• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

Not sure why...

I'm not sure where my kids got this.
Not sure at all.
Seems like something they should desire when they are older
Or I have at least somehow warranted it.

But never-the-less it happened today.
I was just making dinner and suddenly Caleb said "I'm running away!"
Georgia responded with "Me too!"

I was shocked at first and didn't respond at all.
Then I said "Really? Where are you going to go?"
They replied "Dadaw's house. We're running away to Dadaw's house."

So they went and got their bags, packed them, and then headed for the door.

I was confused yet grinning.
I went to watch them (grabbed my camera first of course!) and asked them a few questions.
First, Georgia went to open the van door.
I said "Sweetheart, y'all can't drive. If you're going to run away, y'all will have to walk."
They said "OK."

They started to walk to the sidewalk.
I said "Ya know, it's a LONG walk to Dadaw's house. You may want to put on shoes."
Caleb agreed, Georgia said she could do it without shoes.

Then they were off.

I let them walk to the end of our yard/walk and said "You can walk. You can walk all the way to the bridge (it's just a part of our street about 5 houses down) and that's as far as you're allowed to walk without Momma. I don't plan on walking to Dadaw's house. If you walk past the bridge, I'll have to give you swats."
Caleb replied "But Momma, Dadaw doesn't live at the bridge!"
"Yes son, I know. You're not allowed to walk to Dadaw's house."





They were upset.
They came back.

I heard all evening that they wanted to run away to Dadaw's house.
I asked Caleb why and he said he wanted to live at Dadaw's house.

Simple response.
Simple reason.

When I asked why he said "Because Dadaw has cheese balls (cheese puffs he traditionally gets for the kids when we visit), he has the ball game (a pool table), and I love him!"

hmmm...makes sense to me!

I'm not sure how long it would take two kids to walk from San Antonio, TX to Slidell, La but I'm guessing it would take a long time.

I love that they love their Dadaw though.

Later I went to take a look in Caleb's bag to see what he thought important to take with him when running away... He packed: a coloring book, some HotWheels, our UNO game, a kaleidiscope, a bouncy ball, and a bottle of shampoo.
Nice to know he'll at least try to keep clean.
:0)
Read More 3 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

3 comments

  1. Grateful for Grace on October 16, 2009 at 11:13 AM

    Oh, that's hilarious!! I just knew the cheese balls had to be on the list. ;-) Cuteness! It's wonderful to love their grandpa! He's certainly earned it!

     
  2. Heather on October 16, 2009 at 11:11 PM

    That is HILARIOUS! I remember the first time J did this. He packed a bag (I remember it had a lightsaber in it?), put a cap on and proceeded to crawl out the front door and through the yard. (He didn't feel like using his walker, reason for crawling, not because he was little :)...he was around 6 I think). Just like you, I snapped pics of it. He didn't get very far either, b/c T started spraying him w/the water hose, one of his favorite things! Isn't it funny that they get this idea so young?

     
  3. Grateful for Grace on October 21, 2009 at 8:48 AM

    Just want you to know I'm checking. ;-) Love ya!

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ▼ 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ▼ October (5)
      • Works for me!
      • Not sure why...
      • The stick makes it even better
      • Watching them...
      • Daily things...
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ► 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ▼  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ▼  October (5)
      • Works for me!
      • Not sure why...
      • The stick makes it even better
      • Watching them...
      • Daily things...
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top