Well, nearby for us means about an hour.
It's ALWAYS fun
We've gone many times with the Brouses often with friends as well.
This year we brought some new friends into our tradition.
The fun was as wonderful as always although I don't remember the strawberries being this small before. They were almost ALL really really small.
Still big in flavor and sweetness but definitely little in size.
The kids seemed to approach the strawberry picking very differently than years past or than each other.
This was Georgia's first year that she was more focused on picking than eating.
Her main focus was to attach to a friend (it was a wonderful daughter of a friend of mine... I think S is 7 years old) and either follow her friend around or make her friend follow her!
Caleb was definitely focused on picking.
He picked and picked and picked.
When the rest of us were tired of picking, Caleb didn't want to stop!
He took it pretty seriously too, not eating any of them until he was finally finished picking.
He also was fine with running off to whatever row was calling his name, not needing anyone to go with him or really paying attention to anyone at all! He was just all about "finding the hidden treasures!"
I LOVED that the kids kept saying that "Look, I found the hidden treasure" or "I want to find more hidden treasures", referring to the strawberries with wonderful delight.
When the fun ended we had plenty of little tasty strawberries.
Like every year, it was tons of fun and we are so thrilled that we enjoyed it with some new friends.
Also like every year, I'm now trying to figure out what to do with all of these strawberries!
:0)








So sad that we missed it!!
Fun!!
Slice and freeze them for future desserts. Or freeze them on a cookie sheet (spread out). The put them all in a bag and use them later for desserts or in smoothies/yogurts, etc.
I'm so glad y'all had fun!
yummy!
AND THEY EAT MORE THAN THEY BRING HOME. TRUELY MORE IN THEIR BELLIES THAN IN THEIR BOXES. THAT'S MY KIDDOS.
LOVE
HUBBY