He's tried many times to impart this love on his sister.
Sometimes it works
sometimes it doesn't.
She often has fun with it...minimally... with limits.
Caleb has no limits when it comes to mud.
Tonight found them playing an interesting game.
Caleb had made mud and Georgia sat nearby on the porch steps.
I watched them from the back and listened to them talking
and giggling.
Upon closer observation I saw what they were enjoying so much...
Caleb was THROWING handfuls of mud (the REALLY GOOPY kind)
at his sister's legs.
She thought it was great!
He of course thought it was the GREATEST GAME EVER!
I was shocked that this new-found game was being enjoyed by both involved.
Caleb then went from throwing it onto her legs and feet to just grabbing two handfuls at a time and smearing it onto her.
She just sat there watching him from up on the step as he gently (he really was being adorably gentle about it!) slathered her feet with mud.


It continued for quite a while and by the end of it, my porch had a good 1/2 inch of mud covering the entire thing.The kids were covered in much more than 1/2 inch.
But they had fun.
They had fun TOGETHER.
(and I love watching that!)
What they did NOT LIKE was the hosing (and partial stripping) they received before being allowed back into the house!:0)
Even poor ducky got a mud treatment!

I sure do love these kiddos and I love watching them love each other!


I ABSOLUTELY love this post!
Cuteness!! What a fun game for Caleb and I'm confident he could not have been more thrilled that his sister liked it too!
love ya!
SO WHAT WILL THEY NEED NEXT A MUD SPA!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SURE GEORGIA WAS CRYING HER LITTLE BOOTIE OFF WHEN YOU SPRAYED HER DOWN.....MEAN OLE MAMMA.
LOVE
HUBBY