• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

haircuts

I'm wonderin'...how do your kids do with haircuts?

Do they just sit nicely, enjoy the experience, watch what is going on with excitement?

or

Do they scream, cry, and act like the stylist is cutting off their head instead of their hair?

My children definitely do the latter.
Caleb used to be HORRIBLE.
The great thing about boys is that they can have super short hair. And since I've always LOOOOVED buzz cuts on guys of all ages, that's what my son gets.

We get comfy on the back porch and take care of it.
#3 on the top, #2 on the sides.
No problem.

Georgia though has been a different story.
Last year she did OK with her first few haircuts.
She would have to be held a little while they cut the back and she needed to look down.
Then in Dec. the haircut experience got worse.
We had a bad stylist (who had no tolerance for children) and it just ...well, did not go well.
So since then I have given her the option "Either you wear your hair in a ponytail or we go get it cut."
She's opted for the pony.

but

I'm tired of doing that every day.
With her super fine hair it is just another hassle on already busy mornings trying to get ready for school.

SO...I talked to a friend who recommended a salon and stylist.

A KIDS salon.

You know the ones.

The ones that have chairs shaped like fun things, TVs on the walls, etc.
We've tried some of those before but didn't have much better luck and the stylists didn't have tons of talent/ability either. Just patience with kids. Although the patience is a must, Georgia's haircut is one that does require some work too.


So I was thinking "yeah...probably not."

BUT I stopped in yesterday anyway.
The place was not only one with cool chairs and tvs, plus playstations, etc...it was also a store, a dress up room, and more.
I indeed was sucked in by thinking "Hmm...this might be just the right thing to distract Georgia enough to actually cut her hair."
Worth a try.

and

It worked.

It worked better than I could have EVER imagined.
I went prepared and armed with Leapsters, Leapster Games from a friend (so Georgia had never played them before and then therefore would be held captivated), stuffed animals, etc.

Didn't need em'.

The stylist was AMAZING.
Talented AND beyond wonderful with kids.
Even gave Georgia HER last donut hole.

Georgia just sat there and let her do her work.
I dare say she even SMILED a few times.
The Leapster was still great for all of the time Georgia had to "look down" (a lot for her type of hair cut) so that was helpful.

Truly though...
It was wonderful.

So, I took the bait,
Bit the hook and went for the over commercialized child salon.
And it was worth every penny.
(which wasn't too much either!)

YEA for Sharkeys and Miss Lisa!
:0)
(and yes, I'll post photos later...at least I posted finally!)
Read More 4 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

4 comments

  1. theevansfamily on February 21, 2009 at 7:00 PM

    Looks awesome! How much does a cut run? We're about due for another and I'm still not sure how I feel about Cool Cuts.

     
  2. cajungal01 on February 21, 2009 at 7:03 PM

    Well, not sure exactly. I bought two toys too (some sort of ball thingy for caleb that was $5 and hmm...don't even remember Georgia's..) and my total was $25.
    :0)

     
  3. Grateful for Grace on February 21, 2009 at 8:35 PM

    I'm glad you found something that works for y'all!! Yea!

     
  4. Unknown on February 23, 2009 at 6:38 AM

    Nt children are the same way. James begged not to go get his haircut this weekend. Although i found a kids place that I was thinking about trying, it's a bit far away and probably pricey, but I suppose if it gets them to LOVE haircuts, it might be worth it. I'm glad you found a place that works for you. hope ours is just as good =)

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ▼ 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ▼ February (4)
      • disappointments
      • haircuts
      • As I promised...
      • robin's ramblings...
    • ► January (6)
  • ► 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ▼  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ▼  February (4)
      • disappointments
      • haircuts
      • As I promised...
      • robin's ramblings...
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top