• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

Summer means....

FAMILY REUNION!



I didn't grow up going to family reunions. The holidays were sort of like a reunion but getting together JUST to get together...that's not something I experienced growing up.

How sad.

Because

it's FABULOUS!

Last year was our first year doing a family reunion with my mom's family. The reasons were numerous but the reason that we got off our behinds and actually DID it was my mom's diagnosis. It made each of us take an emotional step back and think about things. Think about family and what that means.
We didn't do it because my mom was diagnosed and dieing from ALS, we did it because we should. Because we wanted to. Because we were finally reminded that you never know what can happen and you shouldn't waste time NOT doing it.

That was proven this year...

...When we all returned (plus some that couldn't come last year) even though my mom was not with us.

Was she missed?

Oh yeah...but although there was something definitely missing, there really wasn't a lot of sadness or being uncomfortable. I think we all missed her at different times, in different ways.

But being together this year was even more important because it proved that we didn't do it ONLY because of my mom's diagnosis, not just for my mom. We did it for us.

We got to experience:

Second cousins playing together as if they see each other all the time,

Aunts and Uncles (who I guess technically aren't aunts/uncles), loving on kids and embracing each of them with all their hearts,

and we had so much fun!
We played dominoes, had a talent show, shot guns, shot arrows, went fishing, went kayaking, went swimming, played Wii, slipped-and-slid, and laughed until we cried.

It was absolutely marvelous.

Here are SOME photos.
Now keep in mind, I took 368 photos so it was really hard to pick these out of the many. They aren't all the best photos I shot, they are just some of the ones that capture some of the best times. :0)











I am SOOOO blessed!
:0)

Read More 3 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

3 comments

  1. K on August 8, 2008 at 1:06 PM

    Family. I think God intended for us to surround each other this way. I'm glad you got to enjoy it. I'm sure your Mom is smiling.

     
  2. Grateful for Grace on August 8, 2008 at 5:30 PM

    Your family totally ROCKS!!

    It was sooooooo awesome!!

     
  3. Unknown on August 9, 2008 at 9:02 AM

    love the pics!!!!

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ▼ 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ▼ August (6)
      • Just Plain Busy
      • Toooo Easy
      • SOOOO proud...
      • The quick trip
      • I tackled it!
      • Summer means....
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ▼  August (6)
      • Just Plain Busy
      • Toooo Easy
      • SOOOO proud...
      • The quick trip
      • I tackled it!
      • Summer means....
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top