• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

The quick trip

My kids and I were blessed to be invited on a trip with my aunt, cousins, and second cousins this past month. We all met in Texas City, right outside of Galveston, and had a fabulous time. We did the beach, Rainforest Cafe, took the kids to see Wall-E, and spent time visiting. I don't get to spend much time with these family members so it was a wonderful time and truly made me feel even closer to them.

Caleb's favorite part was definitely time spent at the beach. He LOVES going to the beach (totally gets that from me) and can't get enough of it. We really only spent most of one day there (from after lunch till dinner) and Caleb was in heaven.
For the first time, he REALLY got in the water and played in the waves...boogie board and everything! He had never really liked getting in the water before so I was a bit unprepared for this adventure, but he loved it.
Close second favs for him was finding hermit crabs and some HUGE blue crabs! Up on the shore where there were huge rocks, the tide had gone out so there was a lot of little pools. I wasn't even thinking about what might be in those pools until Caleb started screaming that a crab had "gotten him!" I thought he was exaggerating...until I went to investigate. Sure enough, LOTS of nice size crabs were in all of these little pools. It was super neat!

Georgia's favorite...hmmm...I will go ahead and say it was playing in the sand. She actually did have a good time building some sand castles with my cousin. She did finally at least get in the water at the beach, she even sat down in it! Her second favorite would be seeing Wall-E.
SO....at long last, here are some photos from our trip to Texas City/Galveston!
:0)
(ps...I know the poll shows that y'all want to see a post about Georgia's potty training and I promise it's coming soon. I just keep forgetting to get some photos that are appropriate!)









Read More 1 Comment | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

1 Comment

  1. Grateful for Grace on August 12, 2008 at 8:50 AM

    Yea!! Cute photos! I'm so glad you went and had a good time. God provided some totally personal fun for Caleb and I just love that.

    much love,
    Me

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ▼ 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ▼ August (6)
      • Just Plain Busy
      • Toooo Easy
      • SOOOO proud...
      • The quick trip
      • I tackled it!
      • Summer means....
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ▼  August (6)
      • Just Plain Busy
      • Toooo Easy
      • SOOOO proud...
      • The quick trip
      • I tackled it!
      • Summer means....
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top