The big news is...
I've rejoined the work force.
Yep, after 5 years of being a SAHM, I've rejoined the masses.
And I'm not real happy about it.
I knew it would be tough. Although it is the best possibility (imo) because it is only part time AND my kids are right down the hall from me.
I'm a 3 year old preschool teacher.
Mon-Thurs. 8:15-2:15.
Having Caleb in preschool doesn't bother me. I would have anyway and I like that it is 4 days a week for him...to prepare him for Kinder next year.
But it breaks my heart to have Georgia in a program or any facility really.
She's only 2 1/2.
She's still a baby!
So for me, I'd rather her at home.
With me.
Every day.
But...God had other plans.
Yes, HE did.
I know this because I really did spend A LOT of time in prayer and conversation with our Lord about it.
He truly did make it clear.
Any time I hesitated or threw out other options, he shot them down.
Quickly.
Clearly.
That is my saving grace...KNOWING that HE wants this.
That it is His will and good will come of it for Him.
I'm good with that. :0)
I was worried though about how my baby girl would react.
I imagined all sorts of crying.
Turned out, the only one who cried the first day...
was me.
I know Georgia will have fun.
She'll discover all sorts of things that I wouldn't have made available for her.
It's a phenomenal program...play and center based with no behavior charts, no strict rules (other than obvious ones), no having to sit at tables and do worksheets, no product based learning at all, and no cookie-cutter-everyone-makes-the-same-thing activities. So she'll investigate fun stuff that I wouldn't have done for her.
That's nice.
BUT...I still feel like I'm letting her down.
I don't like that when they're older they'll hear so much of what kids hear and younger ones can't quite understand... you know what I mean...the "I stayed home 5 years for your older brother but you were only 2 1/2."
Just doesn't seem fair does it?
Alas...I've been busy.
Busy 2 weeks ago trying to fit in all sorts of fun things while I could.
Busy this past week with work starting.
I'll be busy this next week when the students/kids start too. (last week was teacher's work week).
It's been a long time since I prepared a classroom, made calendars and newsletters for parents, lesson plans, ETC.
Sorta' like riding a bike though.
:0)
Hopefully things will fall into place.
A routine will emerge and we'll all adjust.
And I'll be able to post more often.
For now, I leave you with this...
my baby girl looking so grown up brushing her teeth all on her own.
:0)


I love you TONS!!!
Man, that bottom view of the teeth brushing. Too funny!!!
Hey, email me and I''ll try to explain how we did the counter of the w/d
kristenwrites@yahoo.com
We are praying for your transition!