Ok...here we go!
My baby girl has been sporting the same hairdo style ever since she's had hair really...the mullet. Her beautiful head just does not seem to desire to grow hair in all the right places, only in the back. So she has really thin hair or really no hair, that frames her face. The mullet has been trimmed once but in hopes that wishing hair to grow, would make hair grow...we have overlooked how long her hair was growing in the back. I got my hair cut a couple of weeks ago and suddenly decided that the time had come to do the same to my sweet angel. I decided that I would talk to the stylist and however much needed to be cut, could be cut. I have always liked little girls with short hair, the swing cut, stacked cut, etc. SO..we went for it. I LOOOOVE it! What ya' think?
before:


after:


After a week and a half of craziness and lack of normalcy (as much as can be expected in the Brady home), last Wednesday was the first day back to routine. That's when Georgia got her haircut and that was when I got a call from Caleb's preK that he was sick. He had only been there an hour so we went straight from the haircut back to Caleb's school. So much for trying to catch up on housework, bills, shopping, etc. Caleb seemed ok for the day though and even that evening. But then as the sun set, so did Caleb's health...he started "spitting up" a lot. Seemed to constantly be going to the bathroom sink for his "little spit ups". I grew curious and got some of his prevacid out and some pepto too. As I made my way from the kitchen, I heard the sound that makes all parents cringe and hang their heads. The sound of a rather large "spit up" exiting my son and hitting the floor. Ugghhh. Sure enough, my big boy was sick. This fun lasted through the night although the stomach bug had found the other way of releasing itself and kept my son up all night and making numerous, painful, rather disgusting trips to the bathroom. I tell you all of this so you know....Caleb couldn't go to school the next day and it was RODEO DAY! Now, for all of you not in this area, the rodeo is a big ordeal and rodeo day was a huge event. Caleb was VERY upset. Mainly, he cried and cried about not getting to ride the horse at school. Being a good mom, I vowed to somehow make that happen. Sure enough, his stomach had settled down, no trips made to the bathroom after 10 am..so I loaded up the kids after lunch and headed to the preK. We were in luck! The school was finished with the horses but the horses were still there. When I told them I had a little boy who was desperate to ride the horses, they smiled and emphatically told us he would get to ride. He loved it! He may have missed Rodeo Day but he didn't miss out. :0)

Now, since I had missed out on regaining normalcy in my house Wednesday and Thursday, why start at all right? Friday came and I debated finally getting the cleaning and shopping done OR seize the delightfully perfect weather and take the kids to the zoo. My sister and I were having our routine morning chat when I told her that I was contemplating the choices and she said "Hey, if you're going to the zoo then we'll come too!" That took away any difficulties in making the decision! A trip to the zoo WITH the cousins...FABULOUS! So we loaded up and headed out. The weather was perfect, the trip was marvelous. We spent hours at the zoo and then even took the kiddos to Brackenridge park to further wear everyone out. Success!




Saturday came and I actually started cleaning early and frantically. I was determined to catch my house up from 2 weeks of neglect. I cleaned, shopped, and cleaned some more. THEN...my hubby called to say he'd be off of work on Monday. My hubby NEVER has two days off of work in a row so this was a big deal. I wanted to make the most of this delightful gift and let's face it... I needed some time away. I may not have had much normalcy in my home for two weeks but I emotionally was seriously needing some relaxation and grounding. Where's the BEST place for that? The beach of course!
(ok....I just took some time to think about this...the beach trip is going to have to be a separate post. If I write about it here, I won't put the details that I'd like to AND since I get harassed about not posting enough then TWO should put me ahead of the game!)
:0)
~robin

LOVE LOVE LOVE the haircut!!!
Yea, a post!!
I *do* love her hair. Too, too cute. The barrette 'do', adorable.
You sure have been busy. Bet your house looks great! Hey, which would we rather: clean house or fun with the kids? No brainer.
I love you and can't wait to see the beach pics.
I LOVE G's new do! TOO CUTE! Looks like you guys had a great time at the zoo AND the beach! Fun Fun!