• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

More, Tigers, and Evan

Interesting title don't ya' think? Did it grab your attention? It is a good glimpse at the random things I'd like to "chat" about today, things that caught and held my attention yesterday or are on my mind today (or both!). All very different but since they have a place in my brain, why not put them in yours, if only for a second? :0)
Yesterday morning at church we sang a new song. A song actually written by a member of our pastor's family (he didn't elaborate any more than that). I don't remember exactly how it goes except for the chorus....."More more more, more more more, I want more, I want more, more of you Lord". It was a very catchy song, fun to sing, and also hit a place with me. As we leave the holidays behind us...a time when we were surrounding ourselves with more things than any of us (or our kids) probably need, eating more food than we probably should (or at least more smores than I should), and just consumed in a society of MORE OF EVERYTHING...this song made me think about what it is that I TRULY want more of. I want more of Him. More of Him in myself, more of Him in my marriage, more of Him in my daily routine and activities. I want more of Him so I am better prepared for this year that lays ahead and all that it will hold. More of Him so I can make better choices, better witness to others, and better teach my kids of Him. So basically, more of Him means a better everything for me. Most importantly, deep down in my gut and in my heart... I just need more of Him to fill the empty voids. So I am inspired and excited about finding more of Him. Hopefully having more of Him in me will just project more of Him to others. :0)
Tigers...well this is on my mind for today of course. A much lighter note....GEAUX TIGERS! I was saddened in church yesterday when my pastor made a comment about tonight's game, just that the championships are today. I of course hollered out "Go LSU!" He said "REALLY? REALLY?" I then replied "Well YEA, you know where I'm from!" He said "Really? I didn't think anyone around here would care!" Oh how very very sad! Indeed....NOT CARE? GEAUUUUUX TIGERS!
and now to my last point of interest...Evan. "Evan Almighty" that is. Have you seen it? I was SO pleasantly surprised by this movie. I thought it was going to be lame, silly, and sort of a joke about God and the Bible. It's wasn't! Not at all! Now, I didn't see much of "Bruce Almighty" because I'm not a huge Jim Carrey fan and I didn't really like the idea of him using the powers of God to change his wife's boob size...just annoying. So I was hesitant with this movie. BUT... it was really cute! I love how it brought up praying for things...how God delivers on those prayers. I've said for years..."be careful praying for patience because God will give you situations to gain patience!" That's exactly what he said in the movie and it was very well done. God doesn't just suddenly fill your heart with more patience or love....he gives you opportunities for those things. FABULOUS! I really liked all of the people in this movie too....gotta love the mom in Gilmore girls and the black lady that is stinkin' hysterical! Oh my! She's a riot (if you saw the movie "Monster in Law" (yeah...I know, fairly dorky JLo movie), she was the assistant in that one and also very funny). I think Morgan Freeman plays a fabulous God too...he's adorable and funny! When he laughed as the main character commented on HIS PLANS... too funny...such a perfect reaction from God. And the animals everywhere!...ok, if you haven't seen the movie, I really do suggest it. Very cute. :0)

That's all for now. Oh...I'm sure you saw my new slide show over there to the left. I really wish the photos could be bigger, they look better bigger...but I can't seem to get it to do that. I've been having fun with my new telephoto lens lately so these photos are a result of that. :0)

Ok...I better go and come back later. The kids haven't even had breakfast yet and it's 10:28!

~robin
Read More 0 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

0 comments



Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ▼ 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ▼ January (8)
      • I miss her already
      • Honky Tonk Badonkadonk
      • My Sista' said it's time
      • OH YEAAAAH BABY!
      • so UNFAIR!
      • More, Tigers, and Evan
      • Kuddos to Caleb (and more)
      • Happy New Year...for real!
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ▼  January (8)
      • I miss her already
      • Honky Tonk Badonkadonk
      • My Sista' said it's time
      • OH YEAAAAH BABY!
      • so UNFAIR!
      • More, Tigers, and Evan
      • Kuddos to Caleb (and more)
      • Happy New Year...for real!
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top