This is my first time posting a craft that I've done and I KNOW there will be many more to follow! I am super excited about all that I have been working on and have on my project lists! YEA!
This one is not my own idea, I saw it here and loved it! (BTW, ALL of her ideas are amazing and I am constantly getting ideas from her! She's fabulous!) I have a clock much like hers that I just wasn't thrilled with. I have been trying to incorporate some more color into my kitchen and decided this was a perfect way to do that! SO...here we go...
This is the original clock. I think it's fine but I mainly bought it because it was red and round. Two things I wanted to incorporate into my decor on top of my kitchen cabinets.
I grabbed a BUNCH of paint chips from WalMart. These paint chips are the large ones of one color (obviously...but on the site I referred you to,she uses the strips with various shades...either way works great!) These are the colors in my home. My kitchen has been mostly red, tan, and black, so I am looking for ways to incorporate some blue and green. :0) YEA for FREE craft supplies, I love me some paint chips!Ok, I don't have photos of the process BUT the blog where I got this idea DOES! (I'm new to crafting so I promise to get better about photos).
Here are my steps:
1~take apart the clock. I removed it from the frame and took off the hands.
2~ Started cutting all of my paint chips. I made them 1.5 in x 1.5 in AND/OR 1.5 in x 2 in. Here is what I learned...make sure you do good measuring, they ALL have to have the same WIDTH measurement in order to line them up right!
3~Decided to start at the top center. I painted (sponge brush) a little ModPodge down, enough for a few cards. I did NOT sand it first. It seemed to work just fine without sanding.
4~Started placing the cards down, in random order. This is where I learned the lesson of them all needing to be the same width. :0) I painted on some ModPodge, placed some cards...over and over. I did NOT do this ahead of time like Amanda did (on the other site)...I just put down some ModPodge and stuck on another strip...
5~When it was covered, I painted a layer of ModPodge over the top of all of it. Then let it dry.
6~ Once dry, I turned the clock over and used an exacto knife to cut off the excess.
7~At this point I knew that I didn't want it too look quite as "bright" as it was... So I grabbed my Distressing Ink stamp pad and rubbed it across the front. I would rub it onto a few cards then use my finger to rub it around a bit. I did that all over until I was happy with the results. :0) I know that doesn't sound super professional but well.. there ya' have it!
8~While all of that dried a bit, I used my Silhouette SD to cut out numbers from an off-white cardstock I had on hand.
8~I used ModPodge to apply the numbers to the clock. When I did this, a bit of the ink came off onto my numbers...I loved it! It helped everything blend a bit.
9~Let it dry and reapply the frame and hands. That's it! It was super easy and quick!
Here are the finished results





I love it! Here it is up on my cabinets...but please ignore my ugly cabinets..painting them is my HUGE project I hope to complete this summer....

So here are the final before and after photos:
BEFORE
AFTER!I posted this on:


You did a great job on this, I love it! Thanks for inspiring me!
That's SO awesome!! I am posting this on my Facebook fan page, thanks so much for sharing it, you did an amazing job!
That is really cool! Thanks for stopping by and linking!