• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

Extreme Habit Makeover?

I've tried.

to start new habits

to convince myself to do things differently

to stay more on top of things

it just doesn't work!

I need some sort of Robin Habits Makeover!

Some sort of conference, retreat, ...SOMETHING that truly changes how I do housework.

I was not made with a built-in need for having things clean.
I truly wasn't.

I did not grow up in a house that was always clean
I did not grow up having to keep my room clean.

We cleaned the house on Saturdays. That was my Mom's big cleaning day. And she frantically cleaned until it was done. We had to help...I think. BUT I didn't have to clean my room if I didn't want to. It was my room and I could have it however I wanted. Well, since there wasn't anything in me that naturally wanted things orderly or clean...my room was...well... horrible. Dirty in every way. Stuff piled everywhere. Stuff all over the floor (couldn't ever see the floor really). Anything, anywhere.

The problem with all of that is growing up and not having any sort of habits for keeping things cleaned and/or organized.

Here I sit, taking a break from the MOUNTAIN O' LAUNDRY that I always have.
I keep saying that I am going to do a load a day or every other day and fold it and put it away immediately. BUT I don't. And it piles up.
Then I always think I'll do it on Saturday.
Which sometimes I do.

But then sometimes we make spontaneous trips to see family.
Spend the day with friends at the zoo.
Go out of town.
Various wonderful things that are much more important than cleaning.
BUT
the mountains begin getting larger.
and larger.

So now I face a guest room FULL FULL FULL of clean clothes waiting to be folded and put away.
I do this often.

SO.....how do I truly change how I am wired to start being more on top of housework?
Stop letting it pile and instead take care of it?
I'm not a fan of coming home from work every evening to cook and then clean...not leaving me anytime to spend with the kids....but there must be some way to do at least something small each night once the kids are in bed...

and how do I set that schedule...
and

STICK TO IT?

HELP!!!

:0)
Read More 4 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

4 comments

  1. Danielle on March 6, 2010 at 2:11 PM

    www.motivatedmoms.com

    It's easier when you are a stay-at-home mom (what isn't??) but this is a FANTASTIC program!

     
  2. Grateful for Grace on March 6, 2010 at 3:43 PM

    I hear Fly Lady really helps. Lots of people rave about her help/routine.

    I read a book called Messies Anonymous years ago. It really helped me. She has a website now.

    For me, I had to make a schedule. AND I had to do some positive reinforcement for myself. I put a marble in a jar for stuff.

    Anyway, yeah, Sis, we weren't trained and it's not innate in us. Takes work.

     
  3. Heather on March 8, 2010 at 12:45 PM

    I've always loved your spirit and humor :) !

    Yep, I'm with GFG, Flylady.com. You start off VERY slow, just cleaning maybe one part of one room a day for a week and before you know it, your kitchen is clean and it becomes easier to maintain for awhile.
    Notice I say "awhile" b/c I grew up just like you and keep house that way also, lol!

    When I follow a schedule, even if it's a small one like:
    1. do 2 loads of laundry
    2. clean toilet in guest bath
    3. clean off coffee table.
    ...I find I will get it done. It's not innate in me either :( (Again...notice I said "When" I follow"...I didn't say I always follow...)

    By the way...can I tell you that I think you are missing your calling? Photographer, anyone? Your pics are gorgeous. Professional for sure.

     
  4. Dinsfamily on March 18, 2010 at 8:34 AM

    Oh friend, when you find your way...let me know!

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ▼ 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ▼ March (1)
      • Extreme Habit Makeover?
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ► 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ► March (7)
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ▼  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ▼  March (1)
      • Extreme Habit Makeover?
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top