• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

A glimpse of us!

able to tune out

I think the volume in my home right now is probably reaching staggering heights. There are five kids here currently, the oldest is Caleb at 4.5 years. There are 3 boys and 2 girls...2 two year old girls. I took the time to google "loudness" and learned:

The perception of loudness is related to both the intensity and duration of a sound. Loudness is also affected by frequency.

Hmmm...all of those seem about right and indicate that indeed the loudness in my home right now is of epic proportions. At this EXACT moment: Caleb is hysterical because he just hurt himself and is now running to the bathroom to check for blood (and screaming the whole way there), Georgia and Gabriella are SHRIEKING in delight as they roll over the big hopper ball and land on their heads. Daniel (one of the friends over tonight) is "ROOOARING" at his baby brother. And just to not be left out, Eli is crying at the back door out of sadness in being left out of the fun/chaos.

The sounds change constantly: Caleb is back to having fun after finding no blood trail so now he is yelling in response to Daniel's roaring. Georgia has decided to forgo the friendliness and fight with Gabriella over the toy caterpillar..both of them now screaming at the top of their girlie lungs.
Ahhh... childhood..everything is so fleeting. Happiness, disappointment, heck~everything!

I LOVE that I can tune all of this out. I hear none of it as I happily type on the computer, search through the internet, or even read a new novel. Ok so I HEAR it but listen to none of it.
Ahhh..parenthood~ learning what battles require your attention, what various shrieks mean, and how to ignore it all in order to find just a few minutes to yourself (even though you certainly are not alone).

:0)
Read More 4 comments | Posted by cajungal01 edit post

4 comments

  1. Dawn @ simply transparent on March 3, 2008 at 8:37 PM

    Girl your singing my song!!! ROTFLH!
    I'm not feeling quite soo bad now, however isn't it funny they (the noise makers) seem to know when we are A)on the phone B)talking w/an adult C) everything you typed about!
    Smart lil'raschals!
    Enjoyed reading your post, keep them coming! To funny!

     
  2. Unknown on March 4, 2008 at 1:58 PM

    TOO FUNNY! It's amazing how each parents story is different, yet so very the same. Have fun with the Chaos!

     
  3. Grateful for Grace on March 4, 2008 at 2:52 PM

    What did you say, I wasn't listening?

     
  4. Chelsea on March 12, 2008 at 5:05 PM

    What happened to Wordless Wednesday's??? And, why aren't you answering your phone, I am trying to call you now...

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Every Minute of Every Day...






About Me

cajungal01
Here I am finding myself getting closer to "middle aged" and loving life more and more. I think I learn more about myself each year and while some things I find a bit discomforting (and will work on), others I am proud of. I love how the Lord works in all of us constantly and as we each pass through various seasons of our lives he sends different people... some as mentors, some to mentor, and some to walk parallel with. I look forward to each day and what He brings with it.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ► 2011 (41)
    • ► November (5)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (13)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (2)
  • ► 2010 (16)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► October (8)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
  • ► 2009 (41)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► July (6)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (4)
    • ► March (10)
    • ► February (4)
    • ► January (6)
  • ▼ 2008 (96)
    • ► December (8)
    • ► November (9)
    • ► October (7)
    • ► September (6)
    • ► August (6)
    • ► July (7)
    • ► June (15)
    • ► May (10)
    • ► April (8)
    • ▼ March (7)
      • Update on Baby Boy & my Sis
      • It's a Boy!
      • Still a Mud Magnet... and slowly gaining an appren...
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • Wordless Wednesday (2 days late)
      • Not so wordless..Thursday
      • able to tune out
    • ► February (5)
    • ► January (8)
  • ► 2007 (9)
    • ► December (9)

My Blog List

  • Not JUST A Housewife
  • Positively Splendid
  • iDreamofClean
  • somewhat simple- DIY projects and creative ideas for your home and family
  • Grateful for Grace
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!
  • Crafts & Sutch
  • Under The Table and Dreaming

to the beat of His heart...

Archive

  • ►  2011 (41)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (16)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2009 (41)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2008 (96)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ▼  March (7)
      • Update on Baby Boy & my Sis
      • It's a Boy!
      • Still a Mud Magnet... and slowly gaining an appren...
      • Wordless Wednesday
      • Wordless Wednesday (2 days late)
      • Not so wordless..Thursday
      • able to tune out
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2007 (9)
    • ►  December (9)
Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright to the beat of His heart.... All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top