It's my all time favorite time of year.
It actually gets cool here in Texas (for at least part of Fall).
I LOVE football.
and I love the food that I can enjoy.
MMMMM MMMMMM...my mouth is watering just thinking of it all!
I love homemade chili when the nights get cool.
Homemade Tortilla soup too!
Smores are also a tradition in this house...starts on the Sunday after Thanksgiving~we make some after decorating the tree. Then I pretty much eat them almost every night until Christmas! We enjoy them earlier in the Fall as well (have already made them twice so far, over the fire pit in the backyard, but the tradition is for after decorating the tree).
I have a new apple crisp recipe I love so that will be made a few times this fall.
I have also already made one batch of my favorite PUMPKIN DUMP CAKE.
That is what I will share with you today.
Now first off, it's not really a cake. If you are familiar with "Dump Cakes" then you know the basic idea...you pick a pie filling of some type, pour it on the bottom of a pan then pour DRY cake mix on top. You just sort of DUMP everything in, giving it the name. :0) This pumpkin one though, if you've never tried it, you are going to be delightfully surprised with how good it is. I have shared it with many people and they all LOVE it and ask for the recipe.
So, here ya' go:
One LARGE can of Pumpkin Pie Mix (I use Libby's 30 oz easy pie mix)
2 eggs
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 stick of butter~melted...maybe even 1 and a half sticks
2 cups of finely chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350. Spray the bottom of a 9x13 dish with butter flavored nonstick spray. In a large bowl, mix together the pie mix, eggs, and evaporated milk (it's just the directions on the back of the pie mix). Pour it evenly into the dish. Then simply pour the DRY cake mix on top of that, spreading it out (gently) evenly and breaking up any large clumps. Next sprinkle the nuts on top all over evenly. I've made one side without nuts in case some people don't like pecans. It works just fine. :0) Last, pour the melted butter on top as evenly as possible. You want most areas to have melted butter on it but some won't.... depends on how much butter you're willing to use.
I let that sit for about 5 minutes just to let the butter soak in a bit.
Then bake for 35-45 min, until it starts to turn golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean...don't let the nuts burn. :0)
UNBELIEVABLY YUMMY!
There won't be leftovers! (well, if you're sharing this with others)
:0)
P.S. You can make a "dump cake" with almost anything! Cherry pie filling is another one of my favorites and many people like apple too. Simply dump in the pie filling, the cake mix on top, and the butter on top of that! :0)

Yup, love this recipe! Can't wait to have it this year, Sis!
love you1