I just wanted to pop on and share something little but cute.
If you don't know how big of a deal a small cut on your thumb can be, check with Georgia. See, when you are a thumb sucker and you have a band-aid on your sucking thumb..it causes BIG problems.
We got to experience it today at nap time and it was NOT fun.
She was so frustrated and upset (being extremely tired added to that fun) and couldn't figure out a solution to the problem.
I of course shared some thoughts: suck with band-aid on, take band-aid off, suck your other thumb, etc. She was adamant though that none of those would work. I told her that she had another thumb and 8 other fingers she could choose from.
My frustration level was going higher and higher.
It's not often we still nap in this house, especially ALL of us.
But today was one of those times, or at least I was trying for it to be.
She finally said "I caN'T suck on that thumb (the other one) Momma! It doesn't taste good! This one tastes good, this one doesn't!" I asked her what they tasted like and she very seriously shared with me:
"This one tastes like strawberries. This one tastes like grape. I don't like grape."
so..there ya' have it!
She finally fell asleep (after probably 40 minutes of distress) without sucking on anything at all.
Hmmm...strawberry, grape.
:0)

Oh, very, very cute!!
Our 4yos are similar with the taste and flavor of things. Cutie Pie tells me church smells like lemon (from the highway while she's still in the suburban), but home often smells of strawberries (still on the road in the suburban)- she inhales and sniffs. So funny.